DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Legend
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added a WD Mybook Essentials 750 gig hd to my vip622 a couple of days ago. The experience was totally painless. Just plug it in and follow the instructions on the screen. Even the call to activate it was automated and was answered on the 2nd ring.

I found transfers to be speedy and painless. Playback from the ehd works nicely. One small bug. The fast foward is slow. The skip aheads/backs are just fine.

Way to go Dish. Good job.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
fwampler said:
I added a WD Mybook Essentials 750 gig hd to my vip622 a couple of days ago. The experience was totally painless. Just plug it in and follow the instructions on the screen. Even the call to activate it was automated and was answered on the 2nd ring.

I found transfers to be speedy and painless. Playback from the ehd works nicely. One small bug. The fast foward is slow. The skip aheads/backs are just fine.

I wouldn't say that was a bug. You are dealing with a serial connection.

·
Super Moderator
21,658 Posts
TulsaOK said:
I wouldn't say that was a bug. You are dealing with a serial connection.
If that were a problem (merely being a serial connection) then all SATA internal drives would have similar problems.

I'm also a bit confused, since USB2.0 is 400+Mbit/s so it seems like there should be enough bandwidth there to be smoother than it is. I wouldn't expect it to be as smooth as the internal drive is for trick play... but it does seem like it could/should be a bit smoother than it currently is.

·
Legend
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fwampler said:

With update L5.12, all the trick functions with the ehd are smooth and work as well as with the internal drive. Very nice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.