DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first available appointment is FRIGGEN 1/3!!!

I about died. When I wanted them out here to install the original HD box (non-DVR) they were out the next day. I asked them if they could Fed-ex the box to me and let me do it myself (since the two lines are already in place for my existing TiVo, and I have the new 5 LNB dish which was installed 2 weeks ago with my HD receiver), and they said there is no way they can do that (that she could find in the system).

Do you guys know a secret bat cave way I could call someone and just tell them to Fed-ex it to me? I have everything done already, all I need is the stupid receiver.

Lets see what kind of rabbits you guys can pull out of your hats for me :D

·
Legend
182 Posts
Sorry, I don't think that anyone can have that receiver drop shipped to you...I do know I was speaking with a supervisor when I got mine (the other csr had some kind of problem and the supervisor had to take my call over) and he said that they were not going to drop ship this receiver to anyone if it was ordered through them...you could try Best Buy again...

·
Hall Of Fame
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called DirecTV a week ago, and asked them if I just went to CC or BB to buy the HD-DVR, would they still credit me the $100 (for having a HD receiver), and they said no, I had to get it through them.

I just checked CC and BB, and couldn't find any around me that had the receivers anyway :(...

This is very disappointing.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,496 Posts
My HR20 is being installed 12/31 they wanted to do in this coming week but I'm going to be out of town so I had to ask for the date after I return and that was the first date they had. Kinda sucks to wait :lol:

·
Hall Of Fame
3,985 Posts
Milkman said:
The first available appointment is FRIGGEN 1/3!!!

I about died. When I wanted them out here to install the original HD box (non-DVR) they were out the next day.
When was that install? Could you call the install company, explain that they were just out there xx/xx/xx and installed the Ka/Ku dish, etc. and see if there's any possible way they could squeeze you in since it should just be an "unplug receiver A, plug in DVR B and activate"? May be worth a shot if they know it wouldn't necessarily be a full blown install. I imagine you would need to have the 1/3 or have some scheduled appointment in their system for them to work that out.

Just a thought.

·
Legend
219 Posts
Ive read some people are going to the web site and resheduling for closer dates because the csr's arent going to the quickest dates.I dont know if this is true or not just what i read in other threads. I would imagine it just depends on if the company who is bringing the equipment has any time.

·
AllStar
83 Posts
I just got off the phone 5 minutes ago and they gave me install date for the HR20 of 12/28, they offered 12/26 but won't be home. Of course, this was after the CSR originally gave me a 1/10 install. She said she manually looked into the system and came up with the earlier date. Also, didn't even ask and she "volunteered" to give me the DVR for 99 bucks. I didn't argue and am more than happy with that deal :)

·
Hall Of Fame
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol - almost the same exact responses as the lady I spoke with earlier. She said something about advanced equipment installations (which I guess is what this is) being pushed out until the beginning of next year, and more than likely there wasn't a sooner date (due to equipment back order). She did look, and said the soonest date they have is the FIFTH (since I am already booked for the 3rd, I kept that :) )

I know Mastech (sp?) came out last time and did my install. Has anyone ever tried calling them directly to accomplish what I am trying to do?

·
Hall Of Fame
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JLucPicard said:
I have never had to deal with Mastech, but I would certainly give that a try if you have their phone number, and probably the work order number for your work order as well.
Blah - I don't have my work order number or their number.

Oh well. I guess I will just have to be patient (even though I'm NOT) :)

·
Hall Of Fame
3,985 Posts
You should be able to call D* and get that information (ya, I know - that would require another call to D* :)). And now that I think about it, I don't know if it's always possible to actually get a hold of anybody at the install companies.

If you are going to be around with the Holidays coming up and all, it still may be worth a shot. If you will be gone a lot, maybe not so worth it.

Good luck at any rate!

·
DBSTalk Club Member
18 Posts
I scheduled my initial install on Monday and they stated the best date they could give me was 1/8/07. I called everyday (866.678.9465) and today the CSR gave me a date of 12/28/06. That definitely made me happy. This CSR also was the first to ask me for my order number, where the other ones just asked for my phone number and name.

·
8 Posts
DTV told me the first appointment for me was... get this... January 16th... and this was when I called them on December 21th. Over three weeks backlogged. However, the CSR did tell me I could call Ironwood directly and ask them if they had anyhting closer. I did that, and Ironwood set me up for an appt for the very next day.... I was ecstatic!

Until the guy no showed me... Then I was livid.

They finally showed up the following day after pleading with the Ironwood
dispatcher.

So, call the installer directly.,... ask DTV for the installers number, the yshould be happy to provide it.

·
Godfather
311 Posts
kicksavedave said:
DTV told me the first appointment for me was... get this... January 16th... and this was when I called them on December 21th. Over three weeks backlogged. However, the CSR did tell me I could call Ironwood directly and ask them if they had anyhting closer. I did that, and Ironwood set me up for an appt for the very next day.... I was ecstatic!

Until the guy no showed me... Then I was livid.

They finally showed up the following day after pleading with the Ironwood
dispatcher.

So, call the installer directly.,... ask DTV for the installers number, the yshould be happy to provide it.
I was supposed to be installed on 12/18...but I got a call on 12/17 telling me that they are low on the AT9 dish and that they need to reschedule me...

My new date is... January 23rd! :eek2:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.