DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Cool Member
25 Posts
Bumping an ancient thread...
I'm having this same " Frozen on startup" on a HR20-100S unit that I just received this week from SolidSignal. Build date of 10/4/2007 in Mexico.
I started with component cables to an SD Television...so getting the output switched to 480i was my first issue.
Then "The screen it freezes on is blue, has the D* logo, says DirecTV underneath, + next to it, then HDDVR going up the side of the logo. That is it."

I've forced a software download as described above....still freezes on the same screen. Tried again several times, each time the box says new software found, completes to 100%, but then goes back to the HDDVR screen.

I've left it unplugged overnight, reformatted via RBR and "REC,Down button", etc.

·
Cool Member
25 Posts
I just now studied my HR20-100s case, saw no "void warranty" seals or anything so I popped the cover off to take a peek.

Talk about an obvious problem: I found that the "BRIGHT RED" SATA cable wasn't connected to the hard drive. Snapped it back in, tried the firmware download again (just because I knew how, thanks to this thread!) and all is good!

·
Cool Member
25 Posts
Thanks!

You can imagine the look on my face when I removed the cover and saw the disconnected cable just sitting there. Of course, this being DirecTV, my first thought was that the cable was for a future upgrade.:grin: No wonder that HDD was so quiet!

I still haven't activated this unit yet...wonder if that means I haven't voided any warranties I haven't been given yet?

Thanks for the welcome...it only took me 2 years since joining to make my first post!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.