DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Legend
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my installation completed last Friday, went to setup the HR20 on my HDTV last night, and I'm stuck.

When we power it on, it goes to a screen saying your receiver is starting, then another saying just a few more seconds. After a while on that screen, it goes black, then to a blue screen with the D* logo and says HDDVR on the side. It freezes here and the blue circular lights go off on the box. Never moves past this point.

Called Adv Tech Supp and they try to tell me it might not be receiving a signal, but I tell them the same tv has a D11 also, and I have switched out both inputs from the HR20 and they work fine on the D11, so it can't be a signal problem. They then proceed to tell me the unit is on backorder and cannot be acquired for what seems like a significant amount of time. Just great.

Anyone know any tricks they might not have available at Support? Something that would help me get this thing working before they can send me out another?

·
Legend
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PoitNarf said:
Try holding down the record and down button on the HR20 while it is initially booting up. This will cause it to reset everything and reformat the hard drive. If this doesn't work, you're probably out of luck until a replacement unit arrives.
The tech told me to try doing these buttons as soon as the black screen appears, is this correct? Because when I did it, it basically just reset like it does when I press the red button, going back to the first blue screen.

·
Legend
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
That doesn't sound like a signal issue.

What EXACTLY does it say on the screen with the HDDVR on it.
(Based on the working, we can dertimin if you are at least at version 0xDC)

Try pulling your HDMI connection (if you have one)
Try pulling your component connection, and use s-video 480i to the TV and see if that makes a difference.
The screen it freezes on is blue, has the D* logo, says DirecTV underneath, + next to it, then HDDVR going up the side of the logo. That is it.

·
Legend
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just so you realize, I haven't even gone through any of the setup or anything yet, this was the first time trying to use the unit. Will it still be able to download if I haven't done the setup with the dish and everything?

·
Legend
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's strange then, cuz my box was actually plugged in and running since last Thursday or Friday, just not hooked to a TV yet.

Also, strangely this box was the only one the guy didn't put the access card into, it was still sealed in the bag, all the other boxes had the card in it, even tho they didn't have a tv either.

·
Legend
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hooked it up with composite (it was previously on component, don't own HDMI cable or S-Video).

Did the code to force download, it actually went to the download screen. When it was complete, it did a reboot and went back to the 2 generic starting screens, then after a while went to a screen with the D* logo that was similar to the one I was stuck at previously, except this one said "Preparing to acquire satellite info" or something like that. Can't get beyond this screen....

Any ideas? Broken unit? :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.