DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Godfather
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having dish problems after a new installation two days ago - covered in another thread. Had completely lost signal because of wind. Well I was able to get out on my roof and push on the dish a little and luckily got it back into a position that's actually getting a strong signal. As long as we don't get another breeze=) we're ok until they come back out on Wed.

My question is about the new update, since my signal been completely out for a day I know this unit doesn't have it. Bu now with a restored signal do I need to do anything or will it pick it up automatically some time later? I'm located in Baltimore so maybe it's not actually available here yet.
John

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
The HR20 should also detect that a new software update is available and prompt you to upgrade after just using it for 10 minutes or so.

·
Godfather
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PoitNarf said:
The HR20 should also detect that a new software update is available and prompt you to upgrade after just using it for 10 minutes or so.
You're right, it was on about 45 minutes but then started the download by itself. Interrupted a football game I was watching but I was just glad to see it come in after some of my issues!!
John

·
Banned
1,614 Posts
pappasbike said:
I was having dish problems after a new installation two days ago - covered in another thread. Had completely lost signal because of wind. Well I was able to get out on my roof and push on the dish a little and luckily got it back into a position that's actually getting a strong signal. As long as we don't get another breeze=) we're ok until they come back out on Wed.

My question is about the new update, since my signal been completely out for a day I know this unit doesn't have it. Bu now with a restored signal do I need to do anything or will it pick it up automatically some time later? I'm located in Baltimore so maybe it's not actually available here yet.
John
You should go back up there with a 1/2 inch wrench and tighten the nuts so it can't move anymore when the wind blows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.