DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just just wondering how to fine adjust the azimuth on a new slimline dish. The dither, as shown on the installation video is not unlocking. It is a finethreaded adjustment screw like the elevation screw. Has anyone had any luck with aligning this dish?

Thanks in advance.

Gordo

·
Legend
127 Posts
I know that with my AT-9, the "dither" at the rear of the mount was not the same as the install video. It was the same method as the elevation fine-tuning adjustment instead. Just repeat the same process for fine-tuning elevation with the azimuth (as your final alignment step.)

·
Legend
121 Posts
Make sure you loosen the bolts on either side and on the bottom of the mounting mechanism before trying to fine adjust the azimuth. I have the AU9 and was able to fine tune both elevation and azimuth after loosening the proper bolts.

·
Éminence grise
8,473 Posts
The installation video for the Slimline is different than for the AT-9. It was shown on ch 578 before they blocked access to it for us mere mortals. There is no dither adjustment and azimuth is adjusted in a manner similar to the elevation adjustment of the AT-9 as shown in the video at solidsignal.com.

·
Legend
127 Posts
bobnielsen said:
The installation video for the Slimline is different than for the AT-9. It was shown on ch 578 before they blocked access to it for us mere mortals. There is no dither adjustment and azimuth is adjusted in a manner similar to the elevation adjustment of the AT-9 as shown in the video at solidsignal.com.
I understand. All I'm saying is that the AT-9 I installed also had an adjustment similar to the elevation adjustment in the video. It did not have the traditional dither that is shown in the install videos. Must have been a new hardware revision or something.

·
Éminence grise
8,473 Posts
AirShark said:
I understand. All I'm saying is that the AT-9 I installed also had an adjustment similar to the elevation adjustment in the video. It did not have the traditional dither that is shown in the install videos. Must have been a new hardware revision or something.
The redesigned mount was used on some of the later AT-9 dishes, so that is probably what you have. It is the same as used on the AU-9 Slimline.

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm now getting signals on the odd transmitters and nothing else. Does anyone have an idea of whats going on? I'm using a accutrac 22 pro meter hooked up to my receiver.

·
Éminence grise
8,473 Posts
Your Phoenix locals in HD will be on either 99 or 103 and there may not be any visible spotbeams on the other one. If you have a H20, it may not correctly indicate signals on 99. You should be able to receive channels 3, 5, 10, 12, and 15 in HD via Directv.

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK, I got them all, including the spot beams with good signal strength. If my dish is not peaked properly, is there a chance that I could lose signal without the dish moving.

·
Éminence grise
8,473 Posts
Gordoinaz said:
OK, I got them all, including the spot beams with good signal strength. If my dish is not peaked properly, is there a chance that I could lose signal without the dish moving.
Possibly. The dishes have a much narrower beamwidth on the 99 and 103 satellites, so the margin of error is less. This is the reason for moving it off the peak an equal amount on each side, noting the angle and splitting the difference.

·
Éminence grise
8,473 Posts
Gordoinaz said:
On final question. Can you use a H20 receiver on a single LNB dish? I know it wouldn't be HD, would itbe standard defintion?
Yes. I did that for three weeks while waiting for installation of my AT-9 (I could receive several OTA stations, however).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.