1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Godfather
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for the R15-500

I got this update (forced) last night.

*MyVod has been changed to My Playlist.

*There is now a 'jump to beginning' feature. Hold down the 'jump back' button for about 3 seconds.

Those are the only two changes I can see so far. No improvement in the 'jump back' function. It's still only 4 seconds (measured against a running clock of a recorded b-ball game) and it's still erratic. The disabled 'jump back' button (when viewing recently recorded programs which have just ended) is still there.

My R15 appears much more sluggish. I usually skip commercials with a FFX3 and then 2 or 3 jump backs. Now it goes way past and requires many jump backs. Interrupting with 'pause' then 'jump back' works a little quicker.
Also, it usually takes 5 or 6 seconds to open the My Playlist window. Burn over a billion clock cycles to open a friggin window?

Hopefully these problems are specific to my R15. We will find out when more people get the 'update'. I'm also curious to see the official release notes. So far not so good.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,222 Posts
Release notes are in that forum. Pretty weak update, looks like. I thought this was the big one?

Wow, it's been there for two days. How did we miss it? It must have been invisible to mortal users, because I think I've looked there since then.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,473 Posts
Halo, trying resetting the unit again. It usally seems to help after an upgrade and might help on the speed of the MYPlaylist opening..... good that's going to get annoying, why did they waste the time to change that???

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
walters said:
Release notes are in that forum. Pretty weak update, looks like. I thought this was the big one?

Wow, it's been there for two days. How did we miss it? It must have been invisible to mortal users, because I think I've looked there since then.
Yes... the "Details" are week...

But there was a lot in those "misc" areas, that they didn't give me.
All sorts of tweeks, fixes, ect... and since they don't give me:

Bug #00001 - XYZ - Fixed
Bug #00002 - XYX - Fixed

I don't have any more details for those arenas.

And yes... it was invisible to the mortal users.

·
Godfather
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like this one:
Quick Delete (DASH-DASH) in MyVod will no longer jump back to the top of the MyVod list. It will stay in the same group, or go to the next item in the list.
I didn't notice that on the first inspection but it's a big improvement.

Improved trickplay performance
I did try a reset before posting with no change. I have about 85% full but that has never been a problem in the past.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,222 Posts
Halo said:
I like this one:
Quick Delete (DASH-DASH) in MyVod will no longer jump back to the top of the MyVod list. It will stay in the same group, or go to the next item in the list.
I didn't notice that on the first inspection but it's a big improvement.
That one has always bugged me.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Let's continue the discussion in the main thread.

If you have posted in this thread...

Please copy your "discussion", into the main thread so it doesn't get lost.

The forum copy option, doesn't reset the post date... so it messed things up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.