DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
AllStar
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally received my two HR20's yesterday, and I am actually surprisingly happy with the unit overall.

One major bug though, I cancelled three series links and when I later went to re-add them, the station that I had originally setup to have them recorded from (my local MPEG4 station) wasn't in the list (only the East and West coast NBC stations were).

This was the same for the other links I needed to re-add.

So, I rebooted and now when I do a search for "ER", "The Office", or "Grey's Anatomy" nothing comes up.

This is pretty serious.

Any known work-around ?

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
12,182 Posts
bigviking said:
I finally received my two HR20's yesterday, and I am actually surprisingly happy with the unit overall.

One major bug though, I cancelled three series links and when I later went to re-add them, the station that I had originally setup to have them recorded from (my local MPEG4 station) wasn't in the list (only the East and West coast NBC stations were).

This was the same for the other links I needed to re-add.

So, I rebooted and now when I do a search for "ER", "The Office", or "Grey's Anatomy" nothing comes up.

This is pretty serious.

Any known work-around ?
It sounds like an authorization glitch where your HR20 doesn't think you're authorized for your locals so they don't show in your guide. After rebooting now, you'll have to wait awhile for the guide to repopulate for the days those shows normally run so you can find the programs you want to setup the SL's for.

·
AllStar
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So rebooting loses guide data ?

This sounds hard to believe. My locals were originally available when I did my search and setup the series link the first time.

These stations only disappeared from the series link setup screen after deleting the series link (but before the reboot).

The reboot then made the entire search for "ER" find nothing.

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
12,182 Posts
bigviking said:
So rebooting loses guide data ?

This sounds hard to believe. My locals were originally available when I did my search and setup the series link the first time.

These stations only disappeared from the series link setup screen after deleting the series link (but before the reboot).

The reboot then made the entire search for "ER" find nothing.
Yes, rebooting clears the guide data - it is NOT cached in the system between boots. That's why those shows don't show back up in your search - the Guide will take hours to repopulate fully.

I think your MPEG4 locals disappearing from the Guide is an authorization error or other system glitch. Do those channels show back up now that you've rebooted?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.