DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Legend
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my service installed on WED 10th Sept 2008. I'm finding it interesting that D* is saying my first bill is due on the 25th Sept 2008. Does this sound correct, or at the least shouldn't it be pro-rated to not include a whole month?

I have sent 3 emails asking for an updated billing statement and each time I get some smuck who reply's back with how I can print my statement...

Also, I've noticed from the changes since last statement information that I am being billed twice for HD service and I'm getting 2 credits... Which is incorrect... I'm supposed to be getting a year long credit for HD Service.

Basically, how do you reach someone with intelligence who can explain what you owe, and justify it with a paper trail? I've tried the phone calls, but they always answer one question and immediately are wanting to hang up and act like I'm ruining there precious life with these simple questions.

Is retention the best route?

· Hall Of Fame
2,136 Posts
Like most services they bill for the basic service at the start of the period not at the end. So you are billed for service from sep 10 to oct 9 as soon as you sign up and that bill is due by the 25. In oct you'll be billed for oct 10 to nov 9 etc. Your billing cycle and due date is based off of when you signed up not a fixed time of the month (eg always the first of the month like rent). Any PPV will show up after the fact on your next months bill.

· Registered
2,570 Posts
thestaton said:
I had my service installed on WED 10th Sept 2008. I'm finding it interesting that D* is saying my first bill is due on the 25th Sept 2008. Does this sound correct, or at the least shouldn't it be pro-rated to not include a whole month?

I have sent 3 emails asking for an updated billing statement and each time I get some smuck who reply's back with how I can print my statement...

Also, I've noticed from the changes since last statement information that I am being billed twice for HD service and I'm getting 2 credits... Which is incorrect... I'm supposed to be getting a year long credit for HD Service.

Basically, how do you reach someone with intelligence who can explain what you owe, and justify it with a paper trail? I've tried the phone calls, but they always answer one question and immediately are wanting to hang up and act like I'm ruining there precious life with these simple questions.

Is retention the best route?
Your first bill is due ahead of the month. Baisically you pre-pay. Most of the time billing credits "catch up" with the bill. So sometimes your first bill won't get the credits, but your second one will. (most of the time)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.