DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
12,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Towson State @ Navy game was marked HD on CBSCHD (613). This is the first program I have seen marked as HD on that channel.

But.....while I was typing this, the HD mark on the guide went away. I mean it just went away. I didn't reload the guide or anything. I just disappeared!
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,844 Posts

· Mentor
Joined
·
117 Posts
I noticed the HD tag placed was only on the original live broadcast of the game. All subsequent replays do not have the HD tag in the guide. It looks like only live games are being broadcast in HD, and all replays will continue in stretch-a-vison on this channel for some time to come.
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
501 Posts
Not only is it Stretch-O-Vision but it also seems cropped on the bottom and has a weird "scrolling" effect when there's a quick pan at times.

Either way it's the worst looking "HD" channel on Directv IMO right now...no surprise given CSTV always looked horrid from the very start.
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
322 Posts
CBSC is supposed to air the AVCA Showcase volleyball tournament from Omaha this weekend (Friday and Sunday). Nebraska Educational Television is airing the games locally in HD, and they have shared their feed with CBSC in the past, but it was usually stretched 480i. It will be interesting to see if the CBSC broadcast is in HD if they have the capability now.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,844 Posts
I've got the dvr set to record the first HD event from CSB College Sports.
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
501 Posts
Is there some reason their score/time banner has to be hanging almost 25% down from the top of the frame? It's ridiculously low, to the point where you can't see some wide receivers at the top of the picture!

This might seem minor but this kind of thing is getting to me. Here we are with gorgeous HD images in 16:9 and ESPN and other affiliates still feel the need to clutter every inch of the frame with banners, scoreboards and other crap. Myself, I'd rather see the field and get a sense of the game. There's really no need for this. And ESPN's banner is even worse than before, with constant stats being put at the top of the frame ABOVE the time/score graphic!

Fox has dropped their huge banner in favor of a small box in the corner of the frame, which has been a welcome change from the usual. Hopefully others will pick up on it. :)
 

· Mentor
Joined
·
38 Posts
KSbugeater said:
CBSC is supposed to air the AVCA Showcase volleyball tournament from Omaha this weekend (Friday and Sunday). Nebraska Educational Television is airing the games locally in HD, and they have shared their feed with CBSC in the past, but it was usually stretched 480i. It will be interesting to see if the CBSC broadcast is in HD if they have the capability now.
This was on CBSC in HD last night!!!
 

· AllStar
Joined
·
81 Posts
ShawnL25 said:
Hey just FYI the HD game ended and Stretch o Vision went away
Stretchovision is back :(

EDIT: Just read the comment above mine, I'm watching a replay of that volleyball and it may be that only the graphics are stretched, but this definitely isn't HD...
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
285 Posts
DMRI2006 said:
Is there some reason their score/time banner has to be hanging almost 25% down from the top of the frame? It's ridiculously low, to the point where you can't see some wide receivers at the top of the picture!

This might seem minor but this kind of thing is getting to me. Here we are with gorgeous HD images in 16:9 and ESPN and other affiliates still feel the need to clutter every inch of the frame with banners, scoreboards and other crap. Myself, I'd rather see the field and get a sense of the game. There's really no need for this. And ESPN's banner is even worse than before, with constant stats being put at the top of the frame ABOVE the time/score graphic!

Fox has dropped their huge banner in favor of a small box in the corner of the frame, which has been a welcome change from the usual. Hopefully others will pick up on it. :)
Was watching the WVU-Villanova game yesterday.That's how it was,annoying graphics all over screen.:mad:
 

· Beware the Attack Basset
Joined
·
26,619 Posts
commodore_dude said:
I'm watching a replay of that volleyball and it may be that only the graphics are stretched, but this definitely isn't HD...
While the first run of the match was widescreen, it definitely looked like it was shot with SD cameras.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top