DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Icon
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
programs are playing back fine, until i tried to use the remote, now again the remote quit responding to any commands again, the controls on the box wont even respond, time for another reset again :(

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
BuckeyeNut said:
OUCH!
That's what I'm afraid of. Having to reset and go back to 0xfa:(
A regular reset will not bring you back to 0xFA
Only re-forcing a download will bring you back to 0xFA

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
2,533 Posts
That doesn't sound much like a need for a 0xFA reversal. Almost sounds like you need new batteries...;) ... except the part about the controls on the HR20 it's self.

·
AllStar
96 Posts
Last night I forced the Ox108 upgrade. Tonight for the first time my HR20 froze up. Had to do a red button reset. I have had the HR20 since September.

Also the HD Tuner built into my LCD TV picked up several local HD stations, but using the HR20 with the same TV will only pick up one station through the HR20 tuner. I am vert disapointed

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
ruesch37 said:
Last night I forced the Ox108 upgrade. Tonight for the first time my HR20 froze up. Had to do a red button reset. I have had the HR20 since September.

Also the HD Tuner built into my LCD TV picked up several local HD stations, but using the HR20 with the same TV will only pick up one station through the HR20 tuner. I am vert disapointed
Report your missing stations in the OTA: Guide Data thread.

·
Icon
563 Posts
ruesch37 said:

Did you put them in your favorites and follow all the steps in setup ? try looking at signal strength screen under antenna setup.

·
Godfather
300 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
A regular reset will not bring you back to 0xFA
Only re-forcing a download will bring you back to 0xFA
Here is only major (non showstopper problem).
not sure if this all matters but here are all the things that occured.

Recording 'office on MPEG4 NBC'
Watching Survivor on OTA CBS and hit my playlist button (LIST) and looked to make sure there was space, then i pressed History (just to look around at the new design). Press exit to go back to survivor, but all text on screen was gone, background of blue was still there and in the upper right was the window with the live tv, i pressed exit again and still nothing. after about 15 more seconds it returned to normal..

Never saw this occur before today.... all those variables might not be needed but provided anyhow..

·
Icon
777 Posts
flipper2006 said:
Press exit to go back to survivor, but all text on screen was gone, background of blue was still there and in the upper right was the window with the live tv, i pressed exit again and still nothing. after about 15 more seconds it returned to normal..
Ditto that for me. Happened once when I first downloaded 0x108. Haven't seen it since.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.