DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cool Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, i've had some minor annoyances with my HR20 over the past few weeks but tonight was the first time i had a real problem. I had The Office and Scrubs set to record tonight. I tuned into The Office about 45 mins after it started and tried to access it from the list - but it wouldn't let me watch it. I tried to play it and it just stayed at zero. I decided to watch something else and let it record - same as scrubs. After they were both done, i tried to watch again - no dice. So, i rebooted and even though now they are both listed as recorded in the history, neither is in my list so i can't watch them. Did rebooting kill them both? The yellow light was on while they were "supposedly" being recorded.

FWIW, I'm on software version 0xfa. I didn't try forcing Santa's upgrade last night because i didn't want to break anything - ironic huh?

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
2,533 Posts
Unfortunatly it sounds like your recordings didn't take and were corrupted. The HR20 will recognize a corrupted recording and mark it for deletion on the next reboot - which is what you did. Sorry that you lost your shows and they're still working on the fix for this. I don't think there's enough testing on the 0x108 yet to know if they've gotten past this trouble. Keep your fingers crossed.

·
Legend
107 Posts
this happens to me alot. but i get it to work all the time by fast forwarding till i get to 4x the hit the slip button a couple times and then the 4x again and then the bar will jump to like the middle and start to play then i record. pain in the but but never lost or couldnt watch a recording when i get a black screen and the time dont move this is what i do and it has worked for me evertime(knock on wood)..
let me know if that works for u

·
Cool Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will definitely try the FF/slip trick next time. Probably should have posted before i rebooted! Thanks for the quick replies...

·
Cool Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Elas - no I can't try it because after i rebooted the shows are no longer available in my list of recorded shows. It seems (as another poster indicated) that the reboot killed them both. The next time this happens i will definitely try that and i will report back.

Thanks again everyone.

·
Legend
176 Posts
My recording of Office had a lot of breakups and freezes plus most of the show had a pink hue to it. I thought it was because of rain but it sounds like a bigger problem.

I have the 108 update.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.