DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
AllStar
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When in the 'Guide', I have noticed that if a show is a repeat, it is not shown in the program's description. I have to click on the 'Info' button to determine if the show is a repeat or not. Moving over from DTivo, as well as an overall usability standpoint, this is very annoying. Am I missing something here?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
bubbadawg said:
When in the 'Guide', I have noticed that if a show is a repeat, it is not shown in the program's description. I have to click on the 'Info' button to determine if the show is a repeat or not. Moving over from DTivo, as well as an overall usability standpoint, this is very annoying. Am I missing something here?
houskamp said:
I see it at the end of the discription at the top of the guide...
Depends on how much information is "available" for the show.

Sometimes it is there in the top few lines, others you hae to go to the longer description.

·
Mentor
48 Posts
wmschultz said:
Apperantly the HR20 can't see it either, as it tends to record repeats in my Series
Link stuff even though I tell it not to.
Any series in particular you have this issue with? Setting my Series Links to 'First Run' seems to work just fine for me, with one exception, 'Doctor Who' on BBCA. This is a guide issue, since I believe this show is more like syndication rather than traditional first-run vs. repeat.

--Cross

·
DBSTalk Club Member
1,135 Posts
All of the CBS shows I record that aired last week. CSI Miami, CSI NY, Without A Trace, Cold Case. I record OTA and the info clearly showed they were repeats.

·
Registered
8,636 Posts
I always tell it to record all.. that way my wife can't say it didn't record when it is a repeat... you know it's realy hard to find tv listings after the show has aired to prove that it was a repeat :rolleyes:

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
9,809 Posts
amtrucker22 said:
My HR-20 also records repeats although I tell it not to...
I've never had this problem at all other then for "known" problem shows that are also problems on a Tivo (like Sportscenter or Daily show). Other then that never had a problem with any network shows, all series links are set as first run only.

What shows are you having issues with?

·
Godfather
281 Posts
bonscott87 said:
I've never had this problem at all other then for "known" problem shows that are also problems on a Tivo (like Sportscenter or Daily show). Other then that never had a problem with any network shows, all series links are set as first run only.
Sorry to revive an old thread but have a bigtime HR20 newbie question: If you use "First Run" do you run the risk of missing a new episode? Or is is just that you might record too many episodes? I have absolutely no worries about recording an extra episode here and there, but definitely don't want to miss a first run....

(Am switching from SD TiVo)

·
You make it, We break it
4,722 Posts
That's a loaded question depending how your HR-20 performs. ;)
I have never missed a first run episode with settings set to "First Run", but it is still possible if you get bad guide data. A crappy data example is the Apprentice, which i record off of MSNBC, which almost always has the same description over and over. They've done this almost since the Apprentice began.

oenophile said:
Sorry to revive an old thread but have a bigtime HR20 newbie question: If you use "First Run" do you run the risk of missing a new episode? Or is is just that you might record too many episodes? I have absolutely no worries about recording an extra episode here and there, but definitely don't want to miss a first run....

·
Hall Of Fame
2,019 Posts
oenophile said:

As far as I know, it's never missed a first run. Even for shows that have a generic description, it still seems to know somehow. It's rather impressive actually.

·
Impossible Dreamer
5,525 Posts
bonscott87 said:
I have also found recording "first run" to work as well on the HR20 as it does on my Tivo units.

·
Godfather
281 Posts
mtnagel said:
As far as I know, it's never missed a first run. Even for shows that have a generic description, it still seems to know somehow. It's rather impressive actually.
bwaldron said:
I have also found recording "first run" to work as well on the HR20 as it does on my Tivo units.
Thanks guys, feel better now. Still going to have my SD TiVo back me up, but feel much better about it.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,161 Posts
Had HR20"s installed this past sat. No problems recordin first run. The only thing I couldn't find was BONES. Searched by title and nothing shows up for it. Have to wait for it to come on and double )) click it to record, like a season pass, but now called LINKS.:D

·
Godfather
281 Posts
bonscott87 said:
I still have my DirecTivo record backups of critical shows (although I've only needed it once). But then when I had just 2 DirecTivo's I always had one do backup recordings of my main one. You just never know.
In a way, TiVo is sort of amazing. My SAT-T60 has been running since day one (I bought it very early, before dual tuner support, I think in 2001), without a single missed recording, a single freeze, etc. That is sort of amazing in my book. So far, I'm pretty happy with the HR20 though...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.