DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
AllStar
75 Posts
I set "First Run" for Jay Leno but it records both most of the time and none of both sometimes. I have very few items on Series Link so recording conflicts should not be the issue.

·
Founder
17,326 Posts
Ramer84015 said:
Is there a way to set up Series Links so that the default is "First Run" and not "Both" for every program that I double click Record on from the Guide?:confused:
As seen in our Unofficial Tips and Trick Document:

The HR-20 lets you change your default recording settings including: Start Early, Stop Later,
Episode Type: First Run, Repeat, Both Keep at most: 1,2,3,4,5 or All Episodes
To change Record Defaults, you need to be recording a show (Click the ® RECORD button)
Press LIST .to go to MyVOD
Press the ● YELLOW button
Press SELECT the show you are recording
Click Recording
Press MENU .
Click Recording Defaults
Set your default recording settings

·
Mentor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, in other words, there is NO way to have the HR-20 make First Run the default across all Series Links. Only for each program I set up as a Series Link individually?
I'm sorry if I'm missing something, I know I can set each one, but I want to be able to double-click Record on a program from the Guide and know that the default is First Run with no further setup changes.

·
Icon
968 Posts
Ramer84015 said:
So, in other words, there is NO way to have the HR-20 make First Run the default across all Series Links. Only for each program I set up as a Series Link individually?
I'm sorry if I'm missing something, I know I can set each one, but I want to be able to double-click Record on a program from the Guide and know that the default is First Run with no further setup changes.
verbatim from the owners manual on page 37..

Record Defaults lets you set the default selections for the Start, Stop, Keep and Type options.

is that not EXACTLY what you're asking?

·
Mentor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the-sloth said:
verbatim from the owners manual on page 37..

Record Defaults lets you set the default selections for the Start, Stop, Keep and Type options.

is that not EXACTLY what you're asking?
No it's not. If I have the Progam Guide on the screen and click on REC twice, it will set up the Series Link, but the default is to record Both. I am aware that I can go further into the options to select First Run for *that* Series Link, but why isn't there a generic setup option to make First Run the default for any program I select, not just the individual program?

·
Founder
17,326 Posts
Ramer84015 said:
No it's not. If I have the Progam Guide on the screen and click on REC twice, it will set up the Series Link, but the default is to record Both. I am aware that I can go further into the options to select First Run for *that* Series Link, but why isn't there a generic setup option to make First Run the default for any program I select, not just the individual program?
The process I outlined above will do just that. Once you setup the default, each time you press the record button twice in the guide, it will record first run only.

·
Icon
968 Posts
Ramer84015 said:
actually, it is. if you are in a the record menu and hit the menu button you have the ability to set the recording DEFAULTS (ie the behavior/settings when you set up a series link) that will occur when you set up new series links (which includes double tapping the record button from the guide).

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
F1Fan said:
I set "First Run" for Jay Leno but it records both most of the time and none of both sometimes. I have very few items on Series Link so recording conflicts should not be the issue.
Leno is recorded twice because the HR20 didn't see any good jokes during the first recording, so it tried the repeat later in the night to see if it missed any of Leno's "jokes". :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.