DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
AllStar
82 Posts
In my case I have a Hitachi 55 inch plasma, 720p or 1080i, so should I set it to 720p or 1080i? I also have my Yamaha receiver set to 1080i, which one should I let to the upconverting? I am guessing I am doing it on too many pieces of equipment.
(I just got the HR20, had the HR10, which was always set to 1080i):nono2: :eek2:

PS: I turned native off as it was making the menus look blurry and slowing them down...

·
AllStar
82 Posts
Gmaxx said:
These questions are the point of this thread. :)

I'm not quite understanding what you are saying. Is your plasma native displaying 720p or 1080i? If it is normally 720p then I would set the HR20 to only display 720p. I do know that some of the newer Hitachi plasmas display a native res. of 1080i so I would check on that and then pick one or the other. In my opinion it makes no sense to be converting a feed 2 or more times before displaying it. It can only make it worse at that point.
Well it's confusing cause it does both, as I was told by Hitachi, 1080i is the same as 720p, 1080i is interlaced, 720p is the native, so I am thinking to go with 720p. Just not quite sure....Now if it was 1080p that would be a different story... but 1080i is not any different than 720p, so I am thinking it makes no difference to the setting, but that's why I am asking cause I am not sure....

·
AllStar
82 Posts
thanks that's what I thought, but I just wanted to be sure. I want the absolute best picture I can get and it gets a little confusing when you have other components to adjust... :)

PS: Does anyone know if the mpeg4 could have anything to do with this grainy picture?(like in my other post) Would that happen on SD channels as well? or only high def?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.