·
Super Moderator
42,754 Posts
mr anderson said:
Samsung 67" dlp 1080p
HR20 to tv using hdmi
Native off
resolution set to 1080i
I could see the benefit of leaving it on "native" when using a 720p hd tv. However, then again, whatever signal the tv gets it will most likely pre-process before displaying it anyhow. So unless you had a really crappy tv, it wouldn't really matter what native was set to.
Actually, if you read the post linked to above, you'll see that native "off" would/could have an advantage for a 720p HD TV, but not with a 1080i/p HD TV.
As always: it's what you like that counts. :)

·
Super Moderator
42,754 Posts
jaywdetroit said:
Why are manufacturers making 1366x768 native sets, if the source is 720p??
My set is 1366x768, I have native on, anyone disagree with that?
As to "why": might be that their supplier has a better "deal" on that chip or flat panel.
If you like it nobody could disagree.
You might want to read the post I linked to.
I use native "on", but people that know [more than I] have posted that there is vector information in the data stream that the receiver has access to for de-interlacing that is lost when sent to the TV for de-interlacing there.
Since an interlaced program sends "half" the picture [each frame] and a progressive has a complete picture [each frame], the vectoring information would help in the conversion from "half to whole", giving the receiver the advantage over the TV, so native "off" should do a better job [technically]. as always: YMMV :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.