DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Cool Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earl don't you love the Bulls enough to fix this?? - Owning the H20 for over the past 2 months, I have tried to be patient with the many software updates. Major issue bothering me at this point is that while watching the Chicago Bulls home broadcasts in HD on channel 640 (comcast sports net chicago) or RSN the alternate channel 640 .....there are flashes every 2 or 3 seconds on the screen.....this causes a flickering of the game...I do not see this effect on ESPN or any of the MPEG2 HD channels, nor do i see this issue on the other locals NBC, CBS etc. It only seems to be while watching the Bulls games and its quite annoying....anyone else seeing this or have any advice?

H20 on a Samsung DLP

· DBSTalk Club Member
527 Posts
I can tell you DirecTV knows about it. It also happens on Blackhawks home games. Anything coming out of the United Center on 640 RSN does it. Other cities have also reported problems with on location sporting events while studio stuff is okay.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
I do enjoy the Bulls..

But I can confirm what Greywolf has said.... it is not exclusive to the HR20, it is also effect the H20

· Registered
8,671 Posts
Flashing Bulls? Tell the cows to call the cops on them :lol:
ans yes I'm bored... Can't even watch my locals....

· Legend
209 Posts
chitownguy said:
Earl don't you love the Bulls enough to fix this?? - Owning the H20 for over the past 2 months, I have tried to be patient with the many software updates. Major issue bothering me at this point is that while watching the Chicago Bulls home broadcasts in HD on channel 640 (comcast sports net chicago) or RSN the alternate channel 640 .....there are flashes every 2 or 3 seconds on the screen.....this causes a flickering of the game...I do not see this effect on ESPN or any of the MPEG2 HD channels, nor do i see this issue on the other locals NBC, CBS etc. It only seems to be while watching the Bulls games and its quite annoying....anyone else seeing this or have any advice?

H20 on a Samsung DLP
this is exactly the problem i am seeing on most if not all hd hockey and basketball games on my h20, aall other channels are fine , so maybe i'm not crazy and i am seeing these flashes, anyone ever figure any thing out with this, is it flash bulbs going off by the cameras or some other type on broadcast problem, thanks.

· Registered
5,670 Posts
Could be the wireless flash system installed in almost every arena for use by the courtside photographers - maybe they're picture happy in Chicago. I know I used to see this a lot in the past on almost any basketball game regardless of network, but it's gotten much better lately.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.