DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Icon
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night my family and myself were watching over the hedge on dvd, when my son noticed the dvr flashing red light where the recording light would come on. It flashed for a while, then turned off. I had no programs waiting to be recorded. Is that a code of some sort of problem? Also, from what I understand, channel 93 will be having the nfl network game in hd on thurs. night. In my listings, I only have 95 and 98 shown, and I went through my favorites etc. and the channel was not listed in there? Any thoughts
Thanks

· Godfather
574 Posts
Cobra said:
Last night my family and myself were watching over the hedge on dvd, when my son noticed the dvr flashing red light where the recording light would come on. It flashed for a while, then turned off. I had no programs waiting to be recorded. Is that a code of some sort of problem? Also, from what I understand, channel 93 will be having the nfl network game in hd on thurs. night. In my listings, I only have 95 and 98 shown, and I went through my favorites etc. and the channel was not listed in there? Any thoughts
Thanks
I can't remember where I read this but I believe when you see the red light it's checking for the phone line. I see this red light every time I order or watch a pay per view movie. I believe the phone line is only necessary for ordering ppv events by remote which is what I'm doing. It may also randomly check for the phone line at other times as well.
John

· Premium Member
2,324 Posts
pappasbike said:
I can't remember where I read this but I believe when you see the red light it's checking for the phone line. I see this red light every time I order or watch a pay per view movie. I believe the phone line is only necessary for ordering ppv events by remote which is what I'm doing. It may also randomly check for the phone line at other times as well.
John
This may very well be correct. Last evening we were watching PPV of "The Wild" and the red light did in fact come on for a second or two, shortly after we started viewing.

· Icon
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, I was watching a dvd though, not a pay per view. but maybe they send a signal down simultaneously

· Lifetime Achiever
21,244 Posts
Even tho you weren't watching a PPV, most receivers (both DVR and non-DVR) call home every so often to keep PPV enabled.

Cheers,
Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.