DBSTalk Forum banner

Flat Cables not safe????

3K views 50 replies 25 participants last post by  shua2 
They are no longer an approved material. Not because of fire but because they are a major cause of problems.

Once the window or door gets opened and closed 1 too many times they are dead and will no longer pass signal.

All DTV techs have been advised not to use them anymore under any circumstances.

I have had 2 or 3 svc calls in the last 2 months where a flat cable was at fault and the customers got the same offer each time. I will drill a hole and run the cable through it and install a proper wallplate for FREE or you will have to replace the flatcables with some purchased by the customer.

All have declined the hole drilling and I instructed them where they could purchase some locally.

He shouldnt have taken your cables but he apparently was told to get rid of them he just went about it the wrong way.

Im on your side with why do they lie.

The problem is that untill DTV gets that HSP back up and running correctly this will continue. The tech was probably told they were a fire hazard by his sup.

His HSP is Ironwood and there are many changes happening very soon. Starting on 7-8-08 DTV takes control of them completely. They are even throwing a Welcome party at all the locations. lol

There has been some pretty drastic changes at some locations allready like site managers and other supervisors " moving on "

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.