DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see short lengths of flat coax....for under windows and doors, etc.....can you buy longer lengths of it....I have to run three coax cables under a 10 or 12 ft rug.....and its gonna be quite a lump otherwise.....

· DishRetailer.com Administrator/Supporter
107 Posts
Hello. To my knowledge, the flat stuff is only available with a RJ-59 equivalent core which is no good for DBS. As a matter of fact, it is hardly good enough for cable TV because there is hardly no shielding on top and bottom which intern picks up interference like you wouldn't believe.

However, I have on occasion, ran RG-6 under the carpet. The particular carpet I was dealing with had a separate padding so I just cut a small slice in the padding, tucked the RG-6 in the slot, threw the carpet back over, and you couldn't even tell it was there.

Hope this helps!!!

· Icon
720 Posts
Can't you run it next to the walls or something? Can't you hide it? I'm a DishNetwork retailer/installer. There are no flat cables of that length that I have available. Centronics sells the 6 inch strips that you speak of for $1.95. That's about 1/4 the price you'll pay at Best Buy.

· Cool Member
28 Posts
Radio Shack carries extremely thin coax that comes in 6 and 12 foot lengths. I run it through the window sill and then lock it. Would probably work for under the carpet too. It does not appear to degrade satellite signals, since I use it to feed both my BEV and E* receivers.

· Cool Member
23 Posts
Originally posted by
I see short lengths of flat coax....for under windows and doors, etc.....can you buy longer lengths of it....I have to run three coax cables under a 10 or 12 ft rug.....and its gonna be quite a lump otherwise.....
:hi:
the short flat works fine for dish and starband, have not tried any longer the the 6"
bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.