DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

For those of you that used to have D* HD Service

4K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  wje 
I switched about a month ago, and so far have been very happy with Dish. I like the programming selection, and my wife and I both think that the picture quality is superior. I've heard complaints about their customer service, but so far my experience has been very positive, and I was never happy with D*'s customer service. I think that puts me in the minority, though.

Having said that, I don't think I'd switch on the basis of customer service or on the basis of a bad HR20 installation. I had to have the Dish installer come back out once for my 622 installation as well. If the HR20 gives you lots of trouble, then that may be worth switching for, but in general I'd go with the provider that has the programming you want.

Mixer said:
Well once I get the HR20 installed I am stuck with it for 2 years unless I want to pay the cancellation fee.

I guess my greatest concern right now is whether or not this will actually be installed. Out of stock issues are abound.
Ah, I was under the impression that you were going to make the decision post-installation. I'm not sure what to tell you. If you really want an HD-DVR right now and aren't willing to wait for it to get back in stock, then I guess switching is your only option in that case. But if you've been happy with D* and are happy with their HD offerings, I'm not sure why else you'd want to switch.

If the decision is going to be based on the capabilities of the units, then the review that sleeplessInSunnyvale linked should give you plenty of information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.