DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This has been an interesting discussion. I had been a DTV customer for 2 years and was generally happy, until I moved and had a BAD installer. I had to wait 2 weeks for an installatin date, and when the very unprofessional and filthy looking installer finally came out..he was 6 hour late!!!! Then after all that, he tried to claim no line of site and ddn't want to try and explor other options. He just said someone will be calling for a '2nd opinion.' Well...no one called. So that's it!

The one thing that makes me nervous is you guys talking aobut the customer service with Dish. I take it they are outsourced...is that what I'm understanding? GEEZ!!

Bruce

I have been a loyal D* customer since they started about a dozen years ago or so. I have moved on to Directivo and a couple of HD receivers for my tvs. I have not had a major problem with them in all this time.

I am moving to E* (tomorrow is my install date) for two reasons: Better HD content and Sirius radio AND the ability to record Sirius (D* prohibited the recording to tivio of any of its audio stations). Now, being a little hard of hearing, I really hope the vip622 does a good job with the captions. I've been reading some threads here that bash the 622 on this count - but we shall see.

bderouen said:
This has been an interesting discussion. I had been a DTV customer for 2 years and was generally happy, until I moved and had a BAD installer. I had to wait 2 weeks for an installatin date, and when the very unprofessional and filthy looking installer finally came out..he was 6 hour late!!!! Then after all that, he tried to claim no line of site and ddn't want to try and explor other options. He just said someone will be calling for a '2nd opinion.' Well...no one called. So that's it!

The one thing that makes me nervous is you guys talking about the customer service with Dish. I take it they are outsourced...is that what I'm understanding? GEEZ!!

Bruce
Yeah the CSR's are outsourced in some of the call centers. The other thing is many of them are ID 10 T certified and since they aren't trained very much aren't very good. They are more order takes than support. Advanced Tech and Exec resolution teams are pretty good.

whatchel1 said:
Yeah the CSR's are outsourced in some of the call centers. The other thing is many of them are ID 10 T certified and since they aren't trained very much aren't very good. They are more order takes than support. Advanced Tech and Exec resolution teams are pretty good.
Thanks! So...is there a secret to getting to the advanced tech team if I'm in need of support?

I would have to echo other comments above. I just switched from D* about a week ago. I had the HR20 for about a week... and I did get stuck with the two year contract. They would not budge. So, I made the switch to E* (even with the cost).

It's way better in every way. 622 is way better than the HR20. PQ is better on both HD and SD. Better HD content. It's a no-brainer.

I'm another ex-10-year D*er. I've had nothing but excellent experiences with E*, their customer service, and the installer. The whole experience was (and is) much better than anything I'd gotten from D* since Rupert bought them. While it's certainly likely that there are E* cs horror stories, every interaction I had with D* was one, and I was supposedly one of their 'high-value' customers.

Add to that all the HR10-250 and HR20 problems, D*'s habit of overcompressing everything. I have no regrets at all about switching.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.