DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Legend
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I took the advice of some on here and simply called DirecTV and told them I had received a call to schedule my install appt. No questions asked they said they could schedule it immediately. The CSR I had on the phone though offered me the HR-20 @ $100 off the normal price. Fortunately I had taken extensive notes with the Retention CSR I original spoke to and told them the deal that was offered to me was $250 off. The CSR said she couldn't do that but would transfer me back to retentions.

The retentions person found the original notes (different system?) and gave me the $250 off, and scheduled the appointment. She said the earlier time available was 1/4/2007. I asked if there was anything sooner and she said no. Whatever.. I took the advice of the forums and went online looking for another install date.. sure enough, there is one for this weekend.. 12/23.. rescheduled it for then.

Hopefully everything goes smoothly. I think they put people on the 'waiting list' just because they want to keep HR-20's for new customers. That probably goes for the install dates as well, they want to keep the quicker ones for new customers and not existing.

·
Cool Member
29 Posts
Crimson said:
Well, I took the advice of some on here and simply called DirecTV and told them I had received a call to schedule my install appt. No questions asked they said they could schedule it immediately. The CSR I had on the phone though offered me the HR-20 @ $100 off the normal price. Fortunately I had taken extensive notes with the Retention CSR I original spoke to and told them the deal that was offered to me was $250 off. The CSR said she couldn't do that but would transfer me back to retentions.

The retentions person found the original notes (different system?) and gave me the $250 off, and scheduled the appointment. She said the earlier time available was 1/4/2007. I asked if there was anything sooner and she said no. Whatever.. I took the advice of the forums and went online looking for another install date.. sure enough, there is one for this weekend.. 12/23.. rescheduled it for then.

Hopefully everything goes smoothly. I think they put people on the 'waiting list' just because they want to keep HR-20's for new customers. That probably goes for the install dates as well, they want to keep the quicker ones for new customers and not existing.
Not true. Directv has to place you on a waiting list because the demand surpassed the supply

·
Godfather
345 Posts
You don't need the waiting list anymore (or at least for now until supplies run out again). I've never been on the waiting list since I didn't want to get the HR20 until OTA was activated nationally. Now that is has I went to D*'s website to get on the waiting list. Well I noticed that I could now order the HR20 online. I actually called D* because I also wanted to get a R15 because D*'s website wouldn't allow me to order both a R15 and HR20. At first the CSR told me I had to get on the waiting list but I told her that I could now order it online. She looked into her system and confirmed the same. I'm now getting both the R15 and HR20 installed on January 7th.

·
Legend
201 Posts
Yep, I just called they are installing my HR20 on Jan. 5th. They charged me 99.95 +tax and waived the 19.95 handling charge. I will call back tomorrow and see if I can get transfered to retention to get the 99.95 waived or get a one time credit of $75 or so.

·
4 Posts
I was on the wait list, but after reading this thread I went online and picked up an HR20 only by navigating through the update room information pages. With any other approach to upgrading equipment the HR20 was not shown as an available item. It was $199 with 5LNB dish and no handling charge. There were early Jan install dates available.

What's the deal with the $99.95 charge? Something retention does only if you call or secret coupon?

·
Legend
201 Posts
No, I didn't even ask the the price decrease they just offered it. It wasn't retention either I haven't talked to retention yet to see if I can get a better deal.

wendell said:
I was on the wait list, but after reading this thread I went online and picked up an HR20 only by navigating through the update room information pages. With any other approach to upgrading equipment the HR20 was not shown as an available item. It was $199 with 5LNB dish and no handling charge. There were early Jan install dates available.

What's the deal with the $99.95 charge? Something retention does only if you call or secret coupon?

·
Godfather
343 Posts
They are in stock...My H10-250 took a massive jump in the lake last night...I called D* and the tech department wanted to send a new H10-250, I asked if it could be changed to the HR20 since the HD locals are coming to the New Orleans Area (where I live). He told me he couldn't do that, I asked him to transfer me to retention...he did...I got a VERY nice lady that I basically made my own offer to....when I recieved my H10-250 they promised me a HR20 for just the 19.95 shipping.....she did that....99.00 for the HR20 rebated as a 99.00 credit on my bill....plus 19.95 shipping. It is due for installation tomorrow....but it is supposed to be raining here so that may not happen....She told me that they just released them yesterday for sale....in other words the waiting list was no longer necessary...she said they had lots of them so if you want one, now it the time....

OH YEAH...she let me keep the H10-250. :hurah:

It CAN be done. You just have to be nice. OH YEAH and be a 11 year customer...:lol:

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
If you already have one, it takes you to the waiting list screen.

At least it takes me there.

That's OK, not sure I'd order it now anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.