DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
AllStar
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caller Id has not been working on my R15 for the past month or so, nothing!!

Just had the HR20 installed and it carried on the same except at least I was getting the "subscribe to caller ID" Message. Well I took my DSL filter off the line just for the heck of it and guess what>>>>> IT works now!!?? Well I guess I'll keep it off till it causes problems.
Frank

·
Legend
156 Posts
Will taking the DSL filter off the line that the receivers use cause a problem with receiver communications, regular phone use or DSL Internet problems?

I have noticed that my HR20 Caller ID only works when a filter is not on the wire that the HR20 is on...

·
Hall Of Fame
2,019 Posts
peridoc said:
Will taking the DSL filter off the line that the receivers use cause a problem with receiver communications, regular phone use or DSL Internet problems?

I have noticed that my HR20 Caller ID only works when a filter is not on the wire that the HR20 is on...
Oddly enough, mine didn't work a couple times today. I got the you must subscribe message today enough though it worked before and after I got that. Weird.

As to your questions, I don't see how it could screw up other phones not on that connection or your DSL connection and I doubt it would screw up your receiver, as it only uses the phone line for caller ID and to order PPV. FWIW, I have a filter on mine, but I may try it without it.

·
Legend
156 Posts
Well, I tried taking off the DSL filter and caller id worked one time. Then after that it just told me I needed to contact my local phone company and has been doing that ever since. Caller ID has not really worked well since I got the unit. I have replaced the phone lines, etc. and have other receivers that it works with. Not sure what the deal is with it...

·
DBSTalk Club Member
268 Posts
Just hooked my HR20 to the phone line, and the first call I got popped up a "subscribe to caller ID". My phone, plugged into the same rj-11 splitter, showed the proper caller ID.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.