Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Mentor
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all
newbie to the HR20, well getting one real soon, later this week..anyway as I have been reading and doing my homework, can some point to a FAQ on the d/l area. I dont understand this force/alutomatic etc d/l. On my HR10 the modem called and d/l the software..any information will be greatly appreicated.

Thanks

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,422 Posts
bluegoose said:
anyway as I have been reading and doing my homework, can some point to a FAQ on the d/l area. I dont understand this force/alutomatic etc d/l.
IFF (if and only if) an update is "available", you can force it to download. How to do this will be posted when such a "window of availability" is open. Do a search for "02468" or "force download"; there are many threads already.
On my HR10 the modem called and d/l the software..any information will be greatly appreicated.
The software for the HR10 downloads via satellite and always has. It must authorize through a call from your account land line before it installs the software.

Note that there have been some issues with the welcome screen not appearing linked to a slow HDMI handshake or use of an RF remote.

·
Registered
12,624 Posts
No phone connection is required to download HR20 software, unlike the Tivo-based DVRs. When your new HR20 is setup it will automatically download the most current software version at that time. Likewise, as new updates are rolled out your DVR will automatically update when your DVR sees newer software based on its Receiver ID (since these updates are typically rolled out gradually over several days) Later, if you need to force a re-installation of the latest software, just reset your DVR, wait for the first on-screen message, and enter "0 2 4 6 8" using the remotes numeric keypad. The DVR will then download and install whatever software is available to it at that time, even reinstalling the same version if nothing newer is available.

Be sure to check out the "Tips and Tricks" thread for more information.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.