DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Icon
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having problems forcing a 0xF6 download? I tried it and got hung at 0% with the xx/yyy/zz number in the top left incrementing the yyy number. After 20 minutes, did a red button reset. System came up fine after "verifying satellite settings" for about 7 minutes.

Atlanta, here.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
As I noted in the other thread.

Forcing the download is, not a recommended method of getting the update.

DirecTV could pull the data from the stream, for any reason at any time.
But they have no way to know if you have "forced" the update.

IMHO, just let the auto-update procedure do it's job... and only force the update, if you REALLY have to.

·
Godfather
415 Posts
dervari said:
Anyone else having problems forcing a 0xF6 download? I tried it and got hung at 0% with the xx/yyy/zz number in the top left incrementing the yyy number. After 20 minutes, did a red button reset. System came up fine after "verifying satellite settings" for about 7 minutes.

Atlanta, here.
Yep, I experienced the same thing. It said it found 00D8 (which is several versions ago), and never progressed with the download, just kept scrolling those numbers you mentioned (but both the yy/zz for me).

Not going to do that again! Had to do a red button reset; am currently on a "Step 1 of 2: Checking satellite settings" screen. Hope I didn't royally screw it up.

EDIT: Back up & running OK, still w/0xEF.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,137 Posts
patience is a virtue you will get the upgrade

·
Icon
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
IMHO, just let the auto-update procedure do it's job... and only force the update, if you REALLY have to.
I don't usually, but wanted to get a 6hr jump on repopulating the guide since we're going out of town for a few days. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.