DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
AllStar
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I haven't tried to force an update before tonight; I tried to get 10FA on my R15-500.

I still have 10E8.

In the above thread 10FA is a 'Forced Only' update.. but that doesn't mean anyone can force it? Will I ever be able to force it if I couldn't force it today?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Depends on "when you tried to force it".

I have had a few PM's from people that have gotten it, and haven't gotten it.
So it is possible that is not a "wide open" forceable update...

And being that it is the weekend, I probably won't get an update on that till Monday.

Try it again in the morning, or tomorrow evening.
It is possible they are cycling through the versions... as there are a few software updates going out right now.
One of the downsides of "forcing" an update.

·
AllStar
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
qwerty said:
Did it say it was downloading software?
It dis say it found a new software version and downloaded it. Took about 10 minutes. I was sure I'd see a change in SW version.

But I had 1058 before and it's what's being reported now, so no change in sw version.

Is there something I needed to do after the '02468' ?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
mphare said:
But I had 1058 before and it's what's being reported now, so no change in sw version.

Is there something I needed to do after the '02468' ?
No, it is possible that the version is only available in a rotating schedule or may not be available to "everyone" yet. I would try again during the weekend.

I'll try to find out more on Monday.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,790 Posts
You're not going by the version displayed on the download screen are you? That wont be correct. Did MyVOD change to My Playlist? If so, you got the new version.

If it downloaded something, you did it right.

·
AllStar
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
qwerty said:
You're not going by the version displayed on the download screen are you? That wont be correct. Did MyVOD change to My Playlist? If so, you got the new version.

If it downloaded something, you did it right.
No, the version on the 'Settings'->'Info' screen

Still says myVOD.

I don't know what it downloaded.

·
AllStar
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
No, it is possible that the version is only available in a rotating schedule or may not be available to "everyone" yet. I would try again during the weekend.

I'll try to find out more on Monday.
Thanks, Earl.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,496 Posts
It downloaded the same version it had before. This is often used to help fix problems people start to see. Don't feel too bad I don't have the new version either and I tried the forced update a few times last night and this morning. :)

mphare said:
No, the version on the 'Settings'->'Info' screen

Still says myVOD.

I don't know what it downloaded.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.