DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Cool Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last couple weeks I've turned my TV and receiver on only to see the picture in the top left part of the TV, roughly 1/6 the size of my TV. I have a 50" and it shrinks to roughly 19". I can press guide and get my guide to come up normal, but the picture stays the same size. Nothing changes the size, I press the format button (#) and it loses contact with my receiver and a hard reset has to be performed to get my picture back, which it then comes back to normal. I would say 1 out of 3 times I turn my TV on, get this problem. Any pointers? It's getting real annoying having to do the hard resets.

· Hall Of Fame
2,010 Posts
The problem is corrected by software version L613. The small picture on TV1 is caused by using the Format button on TV2. If you don't press the TV2 Format (*) button, you should not see the problem on TV1. At least that is the only way I have seen it occur, or heard anyone else report it.

· Hall Of Fame
2,010 Posts
I forgot to add that you can correct the problem on TV1 by changing the receiver setting to another format, accepting the change and then reseting it back to your origional setting. For example if you are set to 1080i, change it to 720p, accept the change and then change it back to 1080i. That is easier than a reboot at least.

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,481 Posts
ChuckA said:
I forgot to add that you can correct the problem on TV1 by changing the receiver setting to another format, accepting the change and then reseting it back to your origional setting.
I had to do this last night after I disabled single mode (my 508 died).

· Cool Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ChuckA said:
I forgot to add that you can correct the problem on TV1 by changing the receiver setting to another format, accepting the change and then reseting it back to your origional setting. For example if you are set to 1080i, change it to 720p, accept the change and then change it back to 1080i. That is easier than a reboot at least.
Perfect, this is what I was looking for. I tested it out and sure enough it is caused by changing TV2's format. I change the format when I have HD recordings I want to watch on TV2(non-HDTV), since it needs to be 16:9 to get rid of the cut-off.

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.