DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,716 Posts
Well, let's see what happens the first time one of your DISH DVR's reformats & dumps your entire hardrive of shows - there's a dealer over on Claude's board this morning crying in his beer about loosing 100 hrs worth of shows on a 622... :D :rolleyes:

I have done the exact opposite, switching many longtime E* customers over to D*, specifically for the D* Tivo. It only took a couple of days in all cases for them to ask "why didn't they do this sooner". You could NOT pry a D-Tivo out of ANY of these folk's hands. (nor mine - I have 4 myself, with 2 new units for backup, in case something fatal happens to any of mine) And, I have NEVER, EVER heard of a D-Tivo dumping it's hardrive. (unless due to a complete HD crash) As far as I'm concerned - this would be the main reason why I would NEVER try to depend on an E* DVR to get all my shows.

To the OP - there are plenty of posts on 3+ well know boards (this being one of them) that will answer your questions. It should give you several afternoons worth of reading for you to decide for yourself - you will NEVER get everyone to agree on which IS better, so you will have to do this on your own.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.