And I have been considering the jump to Dish for another reason - the lastest software update to my HDTivo has caused so many audio drop (mostly on Fox OTA). It wouldn't be so bad if D* would at least give an eta on a fix....harsh said:Suffice it to say that it has indeed happened. DTiVo users who want HD content are in a horrible bind. DTiVo SD users should be fine for another 2.5 years.
- If you want DTiVo, you can't have much HD and much of what you can receive today will be reduced in a matter of months.
- If you want the most HD, you need to be with Dish Network.
- If you can't get DTiVo, you're stuck with some pretty shakey DVR options in the R15 and HR20 over in DirecTV land.
- DirecTV has a two year commitment versus the 1.5 year commit at Dish Network.
- DirecTV has fewer SD local markets but more HD local markets (although many are less than the promised four networks).
What is best for a particular subscriber is up to the subscriber. One must establish a list of priorities and go from there. Dismissing one or the other provider out of hand because of a rare or inconsequential issue is no way to make a decision.