DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Legend
214 Posts
clay_w said:
And I have been considering the jump to Dish for another reason - the lastest software update to my HDTivo has caused so many audio drop (mostly on Fox OTA). It wouldn't be so bad if D* would at least give an eta on a fix....
My experience with cable dvr through Charter's Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8000 box is that it can't hold a torch compared to my 625. The sad part is i'm planning on going back to this box just to get my locals after Dec. 1st.

Dish Networks EPG is better, especially after recent update (Episode numbers, original air dates etc.)
SA Explorer 8000 only has an 80 Gig HD, where the DISH seems to have a 100 gig (assuming 1 hour = 1 gig)
The menu system on the DISH is better than the menu system on my cables set top box.

Also it seems my cable company has problems keeping audio after airing a Charter commerical... usually resulting in a box reset. I noticed sometimes the audio drops on some of the stuff my dish 625 records too.

I don't have an HD box but i know in my area DISH network is the way to go between the cable company here... Cable only has 7 HD channels. (2 locals, Discovery, HBO, Starz, ESPN, TNT)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.