DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
shortspark said:
My only reservation is not being able to use my Directivo - I love that thing. That aside, I think I made a good choice. Of course the proof is in the pudding so I am not taking down my D* dish and equipment until I have tested Dish for at least a week - we shall see.
I recently moved on from my Directivo to the 622, and can tell you to fear not. The 622 works a lot faster, has more options, and is all around a better solution. I had the Series 1 Directivo for ~5 years and was also apprehensive about going to the 622. The only reason I can think why someone would miss Tivo is that the interface is simpler and more cutesy.

To answer Da Rafsta, I went to Dish primarily because they get 25+ channels of HD and D* doesn't. For the SD channels, I think the image quality is better now that I've had it a week. Maybe this is unfair because it could be a compression issue with the PVR's, but if you read around there's a lot of talk about D*'s macroblocking, overcompressing, and bandwidth issues.

Let me know if you have any other questions...it was a scary jump to E* but am glad I did it!

Kevin

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.