DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Legend
187 Posts
I just signed up for Dish a few minutes ago. They will install my vip622 in the next couple of days. I had been a long time D* subscriber, ever since they started about a dozen years ago. During this time D* has been a good provider and I have had no complaints with the equipment, customer service, signal, etc. So, why did I switch? I thought long and hard about it but the HD programs are quite extensive on Dish whereas Directv has not moved much in furthering their HD offerings. Dish has just about every HD channel available.

But the real issue was the music channels. Sirius has one particular channel that just went on line that I must have and Dish has it as part of its package. D* has XM which I don't care for much and they won't let me record any of XMs broadcasts to my dvr (Directivo). Dish has no such restrictions and I can record, save and playback my music channels whenever I want. Finally, I heard their vip622 is as good as it gets for what it does.

My only reservation is not being able to use my Directivo - I love that thing. That aside, I think I made a good choice. Of course the proof is in the pudding so I am not taking down my D* dish and equipment until I have tested Dish for at least a week - we shall see.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.