DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Legend
115 Posts
Da Rafsta said:
Which has been the best product thus far for you. I've dropped T.W. in favor of DirecTV....but now, I'm wondering if I should have gone Dish Network instead. Any suggestions, comments, recommendations from you guys?
Hi! It's funny you should ask that. I have been a DirecTV customer for about 2 years and was overall very satisified. That was until I just moved to my first home and scheduled my move. The call center rep I spoke with was VERy helpful and very nice. He worked out some great deals for me to switch to the HD-DVR and i was excited about it.

The problem came in when I was supposed to have my install this past Wednesday. The guy showed up 6 HOURS LATE!!!...this was 9pm at night! Then he started giving me hogwash about no line of site...not willing to try some alternative placements and generally was working on one excuse after another. This was on top of him looking like hell and having an old broken down truck...and generally not looking very professional, in my opinion He offered to get someone to call and come give me a '2nd opinion.' The problem is they never called. I had to call them and then the nearest date they can get ot me is 2 weeks from now...and this is after having to wait 2 weeks for THIS date!

Anyway, I did some research on Dish and found some very interesting information. I phoned them and they are coming out Wednesday to hook me up! Their equipment seems very interesting...particularly their HD-DVR, cuz it'll support an HD set and a SD set.

Anyway, They are giving me a 30 day satisifcation guarantee, so if I'm not happy with the Dish service, I'll have them tear it out and will keep the DTV appt on the 11th, but if their customer service is any indication of what their service is like, I think I'm gonna like this.

Bruce

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.