DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Mentor
38 Posts
Why can't they concentrate on providing the best picture and sound quality for every channel. The reason I switched to dish was the picture and sound quality. The digital box they provided did not even have an S video connection. If they improve the quality, add a dvr people would switch. Since I will have to buy all new hardware for dish for HD, I might try Comcast who will start offering HD next month. Then after D and E get the HD DVR up and running, figure who has the best programming and hardware. E has let other companies back into my purchasing decision's,

·
Mentor
38 Posts
I guess my main point is why do cable companies feel the need to try and expand thier markets by offering new services when they don't do a good job with distributing TV singnals. I live in the Twin Cities, top 15 market. AT&T then my cable company suggested digital cable as a solution to my horrible picture quality. They gave me a Set top box that did not have a S video connection and no DD sound. The people who would most likely use a VOD system are people with HDTV's With a separate sound system. Cable has driven these people to D and E. I would rather pay an extra $10 - $20 more a month with cable then have to front $1000 with dish for HD. Comcast will be offereing HD in my area next month, I'm not PRO anybody. I will give my $ to the company that can provide the best picture and sound. Up until june I was going to buy a 921, now I will wait and see how comcast and direct step up to the plate. Time Warner will be showing Fox SPorts Net Midwest in HD, I'm hoping that Comcast can also pick this up. From my experience with dish I don't believe this is a channel that they will go after, I could be wrong. Dish has been a value leader in programming and I don't think they can become a true leader in HD. They don't understand why Direct overpaid for season pass football, If i'm a customer of Direct for the football and have spent large $ on equipment then I expect them to overpay and keep it. IF cable(Comcast for me) would just improve the picture, add HD, and offer a DVR then they would have my business. Then they would also get my phone and internet accounts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.