DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Per The Hollywood Reporter:
The news comes as Fox has an increased roster of hourlong dramas, including J.J. Abrams' Alcatraz and Kiefer Sutherland-Tim Kring's Touch, and heavy hype surrounding its drama development. Given Terra Nova's international appeal, however, its studio, 20th Century Fox TV, will attempt to shop the big-budget series to other networks.

While the pricey dinosaur series averaged 7.5 million total viewers and 2.6 million in the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demo in its 11-episode first season, it failed to catch on the way the network had hoped. Its two-hour finale matched a series low in the demo, drawing a 2.1 rating among adults 18-49 and an audience of 7.2 million.

· Icon
1,018 Posts
We really like Terra Nova. I have a feeling that The Finder will soon be cancelled.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Another casualty of the 1/3rd of the year season style...
Out of sight, out of mind.

· Icon
928 Posts
Wow, that sucks! Terra Nova was REALLY good!

· Godfather
264 Posts
I was looking forward to another season as well especially how it ended.That being said couldn't Fox at least think of moving this to FX .Hopefully someone else will pick up this show beside networks possibly A&E ,USA or TNT etc.I think Fox was short sighted with this and also cancelling Chicago Code last year as well.I,m surprise Chicago Code wasn't picked up by one of the cable nets like they did with Southland which,TNT rescued from NBC and has thrived since.

· Hall Of Fame
7,184 Posts
spaul said:
.Hopefully someone else will pick up this show beside networks possibly A&E ,USA or TNT etc.
Problem I see with one of the cable outlets picking it up is the production costs. Terra Nova was supposedly a very expensive show to make, I read the pilot alone cost nearly $20 million and when you take into account a show like USA's Burn Notice costs under 2 million. I just can not see one of the cable outlets willing to fork out that kind of money.

· Legend
217 Posts
Dammmnnnn you fox all to hell!!! What's next Alcatraz? What's the point of even getting involved with Touch if they can't give any new shows a chance? What are they going to replace these shows with? More garbage like american a-hole or crap factor? Or Nascar? I'm done with fox! :mad:

· Chancellor
8,483 Posts
phrelin said:
It's FOX. I guess I should count myself lucky we managed to have "Fringe" as long as we have, and two seasons of "Human Target."

All I know, is that if they renew Alcatraz over this, I'll be ticked...

~Alan

· Chancellor
8,483 Posts
renbutler said:
That's funny, because just last night my wife and I were ready to give up on Alcatraz.
I'm multiple episodes behind, but the last episode I watched, I fell asleep during it.

Names like J.J. Abrams, Sam Neill, Jorge Garcia, and Parminder Nagra SHOULD excite me. Heck, Sarah Jones showed more promise in a single episode of "Lone Star" than she does in every episode of "Alcatraz" I've seen so far. I wanted to like it, but it really doesn't do anything for me... I haven't deleted any episodes so far though...

~Alan

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.