DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Mentor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else getting really bad pixelation and macro blocking on Fox football broadcasts? Almost makes it unwatchable! It looks the same on every football game, NFL and Bowl games. I'm just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue.

· Cool Member
13 Posts
Slide said:
Is anyone else getting really bad pixelation and macro blocking on Fox football broadcasts? Almost makes it unwatchable! It looks the same on every football game, NFL and Bowl games. I'm just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue.
I watched the Sugar Bowl last night on FOX and the picture was crystal clear. I receive the broadcast OTA from a local channel, and not through DISH.

· Mentor
42 Posts
Slide said:
Yes,

In Nashville, the fox HD feed from Dish is horrible. I have opted to only record football from the OTA antennae for the remainder of the season. I do not watch a lot of FOX, but the new season of 24 is coming up and I hope this problem does not affect it.

JAB

· Cool Member
11 Posts
JAB said:
In Nashville, the fox HD feed from Dish is horrible.
JAB, I'm in the Nashville area as well (Goodlettsville) and I'm about to upgrade to HD. What kind of dish setup do we need for this area? I currently have a Dish500 with 2 DVR's and a 301. Not sure what to do as far as an OTA antenna.

1 Posts
Slide said:
I live about 60 miles south of Nashville and I have experienced the same problem over the last few nights not with just the football games but with all Fox programming. I spoke to someone else who has Dish HD that lives a few miles away and they had the same problem. I checked with some other people today from my area that have Direct TV and they do not have the same problem. I have two other standard definition receviers and the signals came in fine. I don't know about you, but I have my 622 in dual mode and the standard definition signal that it sends to the other room also was affected and it is not HD.

I wonder if there is a problem with the receiver since I don't experience the problem on a regular receiver? I have only had this 622 for a couple of days. The first one I had to send back for getting too hot but I cannot remember if it had the same problem with Fox.

Anyone got any ideas.

· Mentor
42 Posts
touchton said:
JAB, I'm in the Nashville area as well (Goodlettsville) and I'm about to upgrade to HD. What kind of dish setup do we need for this area? I currently have a Dish500 with 2 DVR's and a 301. Not sure what to do as far as an OTA antenna.
I have the dish 1000 setup (Goodlettsville also) and it works pretty good most of the time. Last week we had a good little storm and the HD satellite went out while the SD channels held solid. Not sure if a twin dish setup would have helped, but if I had it to do over again, I would have kept the dish 500 and added another pan to get the HD bird. I use a chimney mounted yagi for OTA that was installed on my house years ago and it works great. As far as receivers, I have a 622, a 211 and a SD one also. I absolutely love the 622 and hardly even use the others at all.

JAB

· Mentor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, it looks like it is a Dish problem on just the Nashville Fox. I just called Dish and had them forward it to engineers to look at. Hopefully they can have it fixed by the National Championship game on Monday.

It would really suck to watch the remaining bowls and the NFL playoffs with this issue.

· Mentor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, today's Giants/Eagles game still has the same issue. I'm really going to be upset having to watch the BCS National Title game tomorrow night with this crap!

· Hall Of Fame
2,012 Posts
I don't see it either.

5 Posts
I am a HD newbie. I went out today and bought a 42 plasma hd and when I got it
home I hooked her up to a 500 dish and a 322 receiver. The Jets-Eagles game the
picture was what I would call pixelated when the was showing a wide angle shot,
but on the close ups it did not do this-it was a very good picture.
My question is-is this caused by the equipment I am using or is it a Fox issue?

· Mentor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Probably not the right thread, but the 322 is a standard def reciver. It sounds like you need to call Dish and have them install a HD receiver and subscribe to HD programming.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.