DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Mentor
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This happened last sunday as well just when I want to watch the games. In the Raleigh NC market 50-1 and 5-1 aren't working... Worked fine all week... Anyone else?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
4,880 Posts
davidpaj said:
This happened last sunday as well just when I want to watch the games. In the Raleigh NC market 50-1 and 5-1 aren't working... Worked fine all week... Anyone else?
Are those OTA channels? I only ask because you referred to them as 50-1 and 5-1.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
4,880 Posts
davidpaj said:
Yes they are my OTA locals through directv
If the channels #s on your TV are 50-1 and 5-1 then those are coming from your antenna and not from D*. Are your OTA connections ok? Are you able to get any other OTA channels?
 

· Mentor
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PoitNarf said:
If the channels #s on your TV are 50-1 and 5-1 then those are coming from your antenna and not from D*. Are your OTA connections ok? Are you able to get any other OTA channels?
They have to be through Directv. I've never hooked up an OTA antenna, just my dish...... They work fine during the week, and on most Sundays, just not the last two. Yes, my other locals in HD are fine
 

· Registered
Joined
·
5,747 Posts
davidpaj said:
They have to be through Directv. I've never hooked up an OTA antenna, just my dish...... They work fine during the week, and on most Sundays, just not the last two. Yes, my other locals in HD are fine
Something doesn't add up. D* does not send down sub channels form the sats. As PoinNarf stated, those normally come from OTA or cable companies.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
3,985 Posts
As stated, the HD locals coming from D* are not -(dash) anything. There should be two channel 5's and two channel 50's in your guide. One pair would read something like 5 NC5 and the other would read 5 WXYZ (local call letters). The one with the call letters should be the HD (MPEG4) feed.

You do not mention what type of receiver you have. The above information (sketchy as it is) is based on you having an H20 or an HR20.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,463 Posts
In Raleigh, the only two stations NOT carried by D* are the CBS and the FOX stations, so once again I'd recommend you direct your questions to the Capitol Broadcasting Group, owners of the two stations.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,765 Posts
Is there anyway you can provide a screenshot of the guide including those -1 channels?

davidpaj said:
They have to be through Directv. I've never hooked up an OTA antenna, just my dish...... They work fine during the week, and on most Sundays, just not the last two. Yes, my other locals in HD are fine
 

· New Member
Joined
·
3 Posts
...but I cannot get 50.1, 50.2, or 50.3. I get all other all other digital channels and all analog channels including 50.

Anybody else in north Raleigh NC getting or not getting 50.1-3?
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top