DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Legend
112 Posts
rsprague said:
Anyone know why we are not getting the Fox local in HD in Sacramento, Ca? We are getting all the other major network locals in HD, but not Fox.
Thanks
Fox/Tribune is requiring full bandwidth for carriage which is 19.4 MBs. When I talked to them this week they said they should have an agreement with D* by the end of the year and E* has ceased negotiations. I'm waiting to hear back from West Coast Regional Director for verification of this.

Scott

· Hall Of Fame
3,055 Posts
teachsac said:
Fox/Tribune is requiring full bandwidth for carriage which is 19.4 MBs. When I talked to them this week they said they should have an agreement with D* by the end of the year and E* has ceased negotiations. I'm waiting to hear back from West Coast Regional Director for verification of this.

Scott
Interesting, the Seattle FOX station is also Tribune owned and curently not in HD via Dish either, where as ABC, NBC, and CBS is. I wonder if this is the same issue. Really sucks for Dish subs up here that can't get OTA since this is the channel that the Seahawks games are on.

· Legend
112 Posts
Rob Glasser said:
Interesting, the Seattle FOX station is also Tribune owned and curently not in HD via Dish either, where as ABC, NBC, and CBS is. I wonder if this is the same issue. Really sucks for Dish subs up here that can't get OTA since this is the channel that the Seahawks games are on.
I asked about the other markets owned by Tribune and he said yes. His quote to me was, " Why should satellite subscribers suffer with degraded picture when OTA and cable subs don't."

Scott

· Cool Member
18 Posts
Rob Glasser said:
Rob...From what I have been reading is that Tribune Broadcasting which owns the local Fox station "KCPQ channel 13" here in the Puget Sound Area also wants Dish Network to include another local station "KMYQ-My Network" formerly known as "KTWB channel 22" which is also owned by Tribune Broadcasting to be included in the negotiations for HD rebroadcasting rights. My understanding is that Dish Network has broken off talks with the local Seattle area Tribune owned stations.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.