DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week I have been having problems with my local Fox HD (KRXI Reno) station via D*. House was pixelating badly, with sound dropouts to match. On Wed. Bones wasn't even in HD, just SD pillar box with 2 ch stereo, but it too was breaking up, albeit less than House did.

I have checked my equipment, and there have been no storms here (Nevada), so the only option is a problem at FOX. Now the question is local or national?

I should note that although KRXI is "local" they are actually just a bounce feed from the Fox affiliate in San Francisco (which was really galling years ago when I was fighting to get distant network waivers, and they were the only ones who wouldn't give one to anyone, even though there was absolutely no way to get their signal from my town, and they were the only local that wasn't local!).

·
Legend
182 Posts
mjs31 said:
Dallas TX Fox station is the worst for HD. They do not always have issues, but much more than any of the other networks.
Just the D* feed or the OTA feed too??

Mine were fine Wednesday night...just some audio drop out for about 30 seconds at one point.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
untouchable said:
Just the D* feed or the OTA feed too??

Mine were fine Wednesday night...just some audio drop out for about 30 seconds at one point.
Just the D* feed. I'm 57.5 miles (and 4 valleys) from the nearest transmitter (Reno). The FCC thinks I can get an "adequate" signal, but it is impossible.

·
Charter Gold Club Member
22,056 Posts
Must be local -- I watched "Bones" in HD Wed. night from my local (Comcast) cable provider
via a hard-wired fiber feed from the JAX FOX affiliate some 60 miles away with no signal
problems or PQ anomalies whatsoever.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.