DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. The only channel I really care about is Fox Sports Arizona for college sports. Problem is, Dish hardly ever carries the games in HD (415 or Alt). Is this just their way of dealing with getting HD feeds to higher priority games. My friends who had Directv say that the games are always in HD for them, just not sure why we are getting the shaft. Any thoughts?

·
Icon
862 Posts
Most of the Coyote, Suns, and Diamondback games are in HD. Sometimes a JIP but usually only for 30 minutes or so. The college games really take a back seat. Directv shows all RSN's in HD 24/7 but not Dish. Nor do you get ESPN News or The Big 10 Network in HD. It's all about a pissin match with Disney. Been that way for a few years now.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,982 Posts
Don't forget to check the HDALT channels.

I often find the game on the HDALT channel when it is not in HD on my RSN.

·
Godfather
1,175 Posts
lechuck4lfe said:
Hey everyone. The only channel I really care about is Fox Sports Arizona for college sports. Problem is, Dish hardly ever carries the games in HD (415 or Alt). Is this just their way of dealing with getting HD feeds to higher priority games. My friends who had Directv say that the games are always in HD for them, just not sure why we are getting the shaft. Any thoughts?
This was the # 1 beef I left dish after 11 years and went to Direct. I loved the Dback games and only got HD feeds 1/2 the time if that.
Now that I have Directv I love it IMO it's much better. Cost wise it's even cheaper because they keep giving rebates. The most I've paid in 2 years with 3 dvr's and whole home (all DVR's sharing) for premiere is 119 month because of all the incentives they give not to drop movie channels. Every-time I try they make another offer for 3-6 months and so I can't complain or turn it down. :)

·
Icon
862 Posts
Jim5506 said:
Don't forget to check the HDALT channels.

I often find the game on the HDALT channel when it is not in HD on my RSN.
Yes they are doing a much better job of showing games on the alts, but not so much with the college games. Better than a couple of years ago though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.