DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
AllStar
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone else in Oklahoma was having issues with FSOklahoma and the Thunder game broadcasts. The last two games including last night against Memphis there were skips and dropouts it seems every 30 seconds. Not really pixelation but maybe missing frames and audio dropouts. It became very annoying and honestly gave me a headache! I checked some other channels and didn't see any other issues plus called a friend with Directv and he was experiencing the same thing on FSOK. Maybe the feed Directv is getting from FSOK is bad because a friend with Cox Cable wasn't having any issues. Any help on this would be great!

:confused:

·
Legend
241 Posts
The same thing was happening on Cavs-Pistons on FSN Ohio HD 660-1 last night. I finally just switched to football.

FSN Ohio HD is only part time on Direct TV, so I don`t know if it just a one night thing or not.

Maybe since FSN Ohio HD is only part time, they switch satellite transponders (like take out a PPV slot for a few hours) for the HD broadcasts is the reason. Just a guess.

·
Cool Member
23 Posts
I don't recall noticing skips/pauses against Minnesota (other than the large section of time where it seems the feed was lost), but definitely against Memphis. I've also noticed a warble in the audio which seems to happen at times every year to the HD feed. I've called DirecTV multiple times on that issue and it's eventually fixed.

·
11 Posts
twiseguy said:
The same thing was happening on Cavs-Pistons on FSN Ohio HD 660-1 last night. I finally just switched to football.

FSN Ohio HD is only part time on Direct TV, so I don`t know if it just a one night thing or not.

Maybe since FSN Ohio HD is only part time, they switch satellite transponders (like take out a PPV slot for a few hours) for the HD broadcasts is the reason. Just a guess.
i know this part of the answer if off topic, but we at FSN broadcast HD 24/7. if you dont see HD all time, talk to provider. We switch to 24/7 HD last year and Ohio moved to our facility back in early november, giving them 24/7 HD since the last place taking care of it didnt have the ability to do so.

back to the answer at hand, there seems to be a issue at DTV and/or your provider to be a FS things. I watched the Thunder/Wolves games(since my network was all tape programming that night). No issues i saw.

·
Icon
925 Posts
ciscokidd979 said:
I was wondering if anyone else in Oklahoma was having issues with FSOklahoma and the Thunder game broadcasts. The last two games including last night against Memphis there were skips and dropouts it seems every 30 seconds. Not really pixelation but maybe missing frames and audio dropouts. It became very annoying and honestly gave me a headache! I checked some other channels and didn't see any other issues plus called a friend with Directv and he was experiencing the same thing on FSOK. Maybe the feed Directv is getting from FSOK is bad because a friend with Cox Cable wasn't having any issues. Any help on this would be great!

:confused:
It was happening on other channels as well. I had Nick HD on and it was doing that every 30 seconds or so last night.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.