DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Cool Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The is a copy of the new release from WWLTV.com, here in New Orleans:

The Hornets officially announced a long-term TV agreement with FOX Sports on Monday, a move that will make New Orleans’ NBA team the cornerstone of the network’s re-launched sports station in the city.

The new deal will broadcast 75 games per season, including any games that aren’t selected exclusively by the NBA’s national TV partners.

Terms of the deal and length of the deal were not announced.

Additionally, FOX Sports Southwest will re-brand in the city as FOX Sports New Orleans, becoming the network’s 21st regional sports network.

“This is an exciting time for the Hornets and their fans,” said Jeff Krolik, executive vice president of FOX Sports Networks. “The team has generated tremendous buzz with the No. 1 pick in the upcoming NBA Draft. We are delighted to be partners with them and look forward to a long and successful relationship.”

Besides Hornets game and pregame and postgame shows, the new network will show SEC sports and Big 12 sports as well as Texas Rangers games and Dallas Stars games.

The network is available to 1.6 million cable and satellite TV homes in the region.

I'm IN!
Pinkfish457

· Hall Of Fame
5,510 Posts
thebigeazy said:
The is a copy of the new release from WWLTV.com, here in New Orleans:

The Hornets officially announced a long-term TV agreement with FOX Sports on Monday, a move that will make New Orleans' NBA team the cornerstone of the network's re-launched sports station in the city.

The new deal will broadcast 75 games per season, including any games that aren't selected exclusively by the NBA's national TV partners.

Terms of the deal and length of the deal were not announced.

Additionally, FOX Sports Southwest will re-brand in the city as FOX Sports New Orleans, becoming the network's 21st regional sports network.

"This is an exciting time for the Hornets and their fans," said Jeff Krolik, executive vice president of FOX Sports Networks. "The team has generated tremendous buzz with the No. 1 pick in the upcoming NBA Draft. We are delighted to be partners with them and look forward to a long and successful relationship."

Besides Hornets game and pregame and postgame shows, the new network will show SEC sports and Big 12 sports as well as Texas Rangers games and Dallas Stars games.

The network is available to 1.6 million cable and satellite TV homes in the region.

I'm IN!
Pinkfish457
so FOX Sports Southwest will add a FOX Sports New Orleans sub feed.

· Godfather
440 Posts
Interesting. So I wonder what this does with Louisiana's access to Fox Sports Houston. Not that I care as a fan of the Diamondbacks, but as a resident of "Astros" territory, I assume we will also keep access to their home games.

· Registered
5,670 Posts
Baldmaga said:
Interesting. So I wonder what this does with Louisiana's access to Fox Sports Houston. Not that I care as a fan of the Diamondbacks, but as a resident of "Astros" territory, I assume we will also keep access to their home games.
The Astros and Rockets are moving to Comcast SportsNet Houston

· Hall Of Fame
5,510 Posts
Baldmaga said:
cable views may miss out and directv viewers likely will get both.

· Geek til I die
9,822 Posts
Beachcomber12 said:
Davenlr,

According to D* website fox Midwest is your local sports station. It is mine in Fort Smith.

Beachcomber12
Supposed to be, but they give us FSSW.
Tried the "sports finder" on the website, but it doesnt work for me. Just gives me a blank page. Has since hey started putting that "DirecTv anywhere" all over the pages.

Comcast gives me FSSW and FSMW, but the Midwest one is in SD on cable.

· Dry as a bone
12,321 Posts
Read the thread, thanks for asking.

The only mention of a sub-channel is in post #2 which sounded more like a question than a statement.

The OP mentions FSSW will be rebranded in NO, but also seems to state that all those Hornets games (75, if you read the post) will be shown across the entire FSSW, not just the rebranded FSNO.

So, back to my post:

Now we'll watch NO stuff?

The answer, after reading the thread twice, seems to be YES.

Any other questions?

· Armchair Referee
529 Posts
spartanstew said:
The OP mentions FSSW will be rebranded in NO, but also seems to state that all those Hornets games (75, if you read the post) will be shown across the entire FSSW, not just the rebranded FSNO.

So, back to my post:
Any other questions?
This will act in the same principle as FS Oklahoma which they will show the Rangers and Stars in addition to the Thunder.

· Hall Of Fame
12,954 Posts
spartanstew said:

The only mention of a sub-channel is in post #2 which sounded more like a question than a statement.

So, back to my post:

Any other questions?
Key phrase from article:

"Additionally, FOX Sports Southwest will re-brand in the city as FOX Sports New Orleans, becoming the network's 21st regional sports network"

The article is a local piece aimed at New Orleans readers.

· Icon
925 Posts
spartanstew said:

So, back to my post:

Any other questions?
If you think Hornets games would be shown in Dallas, I don't know what to tell you.

· Dry as a bone
12,321 Posts
You could tell me where it says otherwise, because while that's probably true, the release doesn't specifically state that and is very ambiguous.

Which is why I originally asked the question.

But thanks for playing.

· AllStar
56 Posts
Spartanstew,

Fox Sports Houston shows Rangers & Stars games in addition to the Astros & Rockets.

I know we used to get some occasional Spurs & Mavericks games, but I wasn't paying attention this year to see if that was still happening.

My guess is that you will get some Hornets games on nights when the Mavericks aren't playing.

One thing I am interested in is whether the Rangers games continue to be shown down here after the Astros move to the American League next year -- or if we are only allowed to see both because they are currently in different leagues.

· Icon
925 Posts
"jmpfaff" said:
Spartanstew,

Fox Sports Houston shows Rangers & Stars games in addition to the Astros & Rockets.

I know we used to get some occasional Spurs & Mavericks games, but I wasn't paying attention this year to see if that was still happening.

My guess is that you will get some Hornets games on nights when the Mavericks aren't playing.

One thing I am interested in is whether the Rangers games continue to be shown down here after the Astros move to the American League next year -- or if we are only allowed to see both because they are currently in different leagues.
Your guess would be wrong. There is no chance Hornets games will be shown in Texas.

· Godfather
417 Posts
Amused by all these "interpretations" of the NO press release. For us in Arkansas/Texas RSN, FS Southwest will not change for us. Still able to catch the Rangers/Astros as our local teams. If we want the Cardinals, they are available via the Sports Pak addition.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.