Mentor/Supporter
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to USAToday, beginning in 2007, MLB has inked a deal with TBS to
start sharing the league championship series with Fox. Just when we are finally
getting major sporting events in HD, Major League Baseball is sending things
back to the stone age on a fuzzy cable channel. The article seemed to indicate
their only concern was the ratings on a cable channel vs. a broadcast channel
(they said Fox's ratings were nothing to write home about, so TBS probably would
do fine). I can't believe nobody brought up the point that TBS isn't a player in HD.

·
Godfather
306 Posts
emathis said:
(they said Fox's ratings were nothing to write home about, so TBS probably would
do fine). I can't believe nobody brought up the point that TBS isn't a player in HD.
Maybe next they can just show the Division Series' on the local RSNs:confused:

·
Godfather
320 Posts
emathis said:
With the new birds going up next year and the promise of 100 HD channels I gotta think TBS will be in HD on D*???:eek2:

Do they broadcast anything in HD yet?:confused:

·
Hall Of Fame
2,526 Posts
There is little incentive to do TBS in HD for many years, since the vast majority of its programming consists of re-runs taped in SD.

However, the ball games (both the playoffs and TBS's new package of Sunday afternoon games) will be produced in HD and carried on the same channel on DirecTV where FSN HD content is placed on an ad-hoc basis.

·
Godfather
290 Posts
SamC said:
There is little incentive to do TBS in HD for many years, since the vast majority of its programming consists of re-runs taped in SD.

However, the ball games (both the playoffs and TBS's new package of Sunday afternoon games) will be produced in HD and carried on the same channel on DirecTV where FSN HD content is placed on an ad-hoc basis.
What about: Everybody Loves Raymond, King of Queens, and Friends? There are a ton of 1080i shows on record that they could re-broadcast. I for one, would love to see a TBS HD channel. Most of all I'd like to see the $10/month HD package charge go away for those who are already paying for the Premium package..... especially after 4 years of $100+/month bills :nono:

·
Godfather
290 Posts
mrdbdigital said:
TBS is hardly a "fuzzy cable channel."
You know, funny thing you mentioned this. I was watching the Saturday night college football game on TBS tonight ([email protected] Tech) and boy did it look like crap. It was so blurry it wasn't even funny. I never knew how bad their sports programming was until tonight. I watch TBS a lot, especially during the day when re-runs of Seinfeld and Everybody Loves Raymond are on. These 2 shows look fine, but when I saw the game tonight, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It was truly one of the worse pictures I have ever seen. This is coming from my Pansonic plasma too. So I guess 'mrdbdigital' has a point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.