DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
5,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
John Wayne Bobbitt has been arrested for allegedly assaulting a woman he married in March.

Bobbitt, 35, was being held Wednesday at the Clark County Detention Center on a probation violation, said police Sgt. Chris Darcy. He was arrested Monday night for investigation of battery and domestic violence, Darcy said.

Bobbitt's wife, Joanna, told police her husband pushed her to the ground. She was treated at a hospital for minor injuries and released.

Her husband's arrest, first reported by Entertainment Tonight, cost him an appearance on Fox-TV's Celebrity Boxing 2 program.

Bobbitt was to take on Joey Buttafuoco in a bout scheduled to air on May 22. After his arrest, he was replaced by former World Wrestling Federation star Joanie Laurer, also known as Chyna.

For Full Story and other Celebrity fights, Click Here

·
Hall Of Fame
5,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Manute is gonna get killed against the fridge. It's sad to say, but there should be a lot of entertainment value in this match with might only last a few seconds, because last I read Manute was stuck in Nigeria, broke, and had some kind of arthritic knee problem.

Manute needs the money......but he's doing this for his country anyway. He gave most of his old NBA money away (and lost some in bad investments) and is currently living off the graciousness of some NBA friends. He just recently got a visa to come back, after being out of the US for several years. I remember reading a story a couple years ago that he lost all his clothes and had to rely solely on the ones he was wearing for several months. Try getting custom made clothes for someone that's 7'7" in a third world country....

I also saw a special about three weeks ago on ESPN's Outside the Lines in which he discussed the Celebrity Boxing matchup and the possible embarrassment it could bring. He basically said he didn't care and that he wanted to do it for his country despite his personal needs.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,027 Posts
I remember Manute from Icee ads when I was a kid. Some sort of ad that matched the tallest guy in the NBA with the shortest. The way these stars are compensated is just wrong. Why don't the leagues set up a pension plan for these guys so they can bank on some sort of small monthly stipend if they end up losing their fortune. You could even make the guys who activate their pension show up at a few promotional appearances to help defer the cost of such a program.

I'd love to see Manute signing autographs or being interviewed on ESPN during a break.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Other bouts scheduled are:

Darva Conger ("Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire" ) Vs. former Olympic gold medalist Olga Korbut

ex-NFL lineman William "Refrigerator" Perry Vs. 7-foot-7 ex-NBA curiosity Manute Bol

Ron Palillo ("Horshack from Welcome Back, Kotter") Vs. Dustin Diamond ("Screech from Saved by the Bell").

I'm sure am glad Darva Conger hates publicitiy.

priceless !

·
Arcane Movie Trivia King
1,806 Posts
looks like manute is FINALLY gaining some weight...

·
Banned
6,970 Posts
I watched this last night, the womans match was the best BOXING match I have seen in a long long time.

Sceetch from Save by the Bell, my god, he's an ass kicking machine. I felt sorry for Horseshack (who I didnt know untill last night lives the next town over from me) he looked like he was going to start to cry durring his fight.

The Fridge and the Bol, Bad fight, the fridge wanted to keep rushing him, and his arms wernt long enough for him to hit above Bol's Belt :)

And I wanted to jump through my TV and beat the crap out of Joey ButtMuncher. Chyna was trying to box, Joey was just trying to kill her and even tossed her by her head. I didn't like that one bit. Was it me or would Joey be good to play the role of Fred Flintstone in the next Fintstones flick?

·
Legend
101 Posts
Originally posted by John Corn
I missed it, forgot to record it.............grrrrrrrrrrr :mad:......*sigh*, I had a baseball game last night and forgot.

Thanks for the recap Scott. Did Bol win ?
Hey John, I bet FOX repeats this in a couple of weeks. They did with Celebrity Boxing 1. The match between Darva Conger, & Olga Korbut, was the best match of the night. Now, I would like to see one between Darva Conger, & Tonya Harding, now that woud be a match. :lol:

The match between Bol & "the Fridge" was almost laughable. :lol: All Bol had to do was stand & swing at "the Fridge." "The Fridge's" arms were too short to get even close to Bol. Bol wore poor old Fridge out very quickly. Bol won the match.

·
Arcane Movie Trivia King
1,806 Posts
good thing, those long arms-i was always worried a good stiff breeze might blow manute over some day....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.