DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've always had cable but have a couple of coworkers with satellite who swear by it. Every week i get mail telling me how great of deals dish has - like a free dvr. Is this really as good of a deal as they say? I think I could save like $20 a month going from cable to satellite but wanted to ask around first

thanks

·
Hall Of Fame
5,580 Posts
What FREE DVR read the advertisement. It says FREE upgrade to DVR, The DVR cost you $5.98 per month per DVR to use it and you DON"T own it DISH owns it.
Now is it worth having YES if cable dosen't offer a DVR it is a great improvement over you cable.

·
Icon
522 Posts
I've seen an adv where a company offers a free DVR if you sign up for Dish through them. But, it is a DVR, not a PVR.
Bob

·
Hall Of Fame
5,580 Posts
robert koerner said:
I've seen an adv where a company offers a free DVR if you sign up for Dish through them. But, it is a DVR, not a PVR.
Bob
Check that ad if it says free PVR it is in violation of E* advertising policy both for the FREE and PVR.:)

·
Hall Of Fame
5,580 Posts
PVR is either patented or copywrighted by someone else DISH had to stop using the phrase about the time of the 508s to stay out of legal troubles that is why they changed to DVRs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.