DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Legend
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else get a voucher in the mail after ordering an R15 for a free gift from Directv? The letter doesn't say what the free gift is. You have to sign it and send it in the mail and the free gift will be sent in 6-8 weeks. Anyone know what the free gift is?

5 Posts
saxon2000 said:
Did anyone else get a voucher in the mail after ordering an R15 for a free gift from Directv? The letter doesn't say what the free gift is. You have to sign it and send it in the mail and the free gift will be sent in 6-8 weeks. Anyone know what the free gift is?
Said on their website a few weeks ago that you receive a Free Ipod Shuffle, but I talked to one of their customer service reps and they said it could be any number of things, and she wasn't specific.

· Mentor
33 Posts
I just got my Ipod Shuffle 512Mb yesterday as my free gift. I think previously and maybe again now, they are giving a portable DVD player.

· Legend
272 Posts
saxon2000 said:
yes i received the same thing, sent it in ,but have no idea what i will receive.
I know they have offered mini dvd players & ipod shuffle to new customers.

· Legend
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
powersb said:
I just got my Ipod Shuffle 512Mb yesterday as my free gift. I think previously and maybe again now, they are giving a portable DVD player.
Well, I would be very happy with either of those especially as I got my box for free! Perhaps they made an error :grin:

I sent it in, so I will just have to wait and see!

· Banned
4,642 Posts
Oh lord. It's not bad enough to give them away. Now DTV feels the need to give away gifts to anyone that got a R15? How about they spend that money fixing the problems?

· Legend
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
powersb said:
I just got my Ipod Shuffle 512Mb yesterday as my free gift.
I was just wondering, have you had to upgrade the software in your D* Ipod Shuffle yet? Any freezes or menu problems? :lol:

· Icon
3,691 Posts
i got one in the mail. it was a 50 gift certificate to emusic.com or something like that, don't remember exactly cause i threw it away. it also came with 3 customer referral slips for you to give to your friends.

· Banned
4,253 Posts
dtv757 said:
i got one in the mail. it was a 50 gift certificate to emusic.com or something like that, don't remember exactly cause i threw it away. it also came with 3 customer referral slips for you to give to your friends.
I have a friend who is leaving cable and I have D*, I told him if he wants a DVR just stick with cable.... Wonder if Time Warner or Armstrong would give me anything? :rolleyes:

· Legend
112 Posts
does this "free gift" promotion also includes the free R15 that Directv was giving away with the "DVR4U2" promotion?

· Icon
761 Posts
qwerty said:
:nono2: So why don't they just send the damn gift instead of the voucher? :nono2:
Same reason companies do mail-in rebates rather than just lowering the price.

They can afford to do it because they know many people will just throw out the offers and never mail them in, so thank all the people who don't return the voucher for funding your free gifts and rebates...their loss is your gain!

So is EVERY R-15 owner getting these, or what? Where's mine?! :)

· Icon
761 Posts
qwerty said:
Yeah, I knew that when I posted. I just think it's stupid!
Stupid? You say that as though the choice is send the voucher or send the gift. It's not. It's send the voucher or send nothing. They have no reason to to give gifts or rebates if their accountants say it's going to cost them a lot to do it.

Why is it stupid that companies have thought up a way to gifts and rebates?

Why aren't you just saying "thanks" instead of "that's stupid"?

· Legend
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
bnm81002 said:
does this "free gift" promotion also includes the free R15 that Directv was giving away with the "DVR4U2" promotion?
I got my voucher after using the DVR4U promo. I am thinking that perhaps they made a mistake. I am not a new subscriber and I just got a free R15 and now they want to send me a free Ipod Shuffle or DVD player? Doesn't sound right, but that is what has happened, although I have yet to receive the gift.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.