DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· AllStar
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In May I got a free H20 receiver from Direct TV with At9 dish, in July they replaced a Tivo(dead) with a free R15. Yesterday I log on to Direct TV's web site go to upgrade equipment and I can't order a R20 yet do to demand BUT I can order a FREE R15 and/or R20. Hmm....My daughter just bought a small flat panel LCD(HD) and we were going to use the D10(diff TV) for her until I could get a R20 for the living room(Have Tivo and H20). BUT free is free! This makes the 4th or 5th free receiver from Direct TV. Funny thing is I used to pay for these things!:D

· Hall Of Fame
5,581 Posts
Dave from Kazoo said:
In May I got a free H20 receiver from Direct TV with At9 dish, in July they replaced a Tivo(dead) with a free R15. Yesterday I log on to Direct TV's web site go to upgrade equipment and I can't order a R20 yet do to demand BUT I can order a FREE R15 and/or R20. Hmm....My daughter just bought a small flat panel LCD(HD) and we were going to use the D10(diff TV) for her until I could get a R20 for the living room(Have Tivo and H20). BUT free is free! This makes the 4th or 5th free receiver from Direct TV. Funny thing is I used to pay for these things!:D
Two facts I suspect your FREE upgrades are leased receivers so you don't own them. And there is no R20 yet there is a HR20 and there is a R15. R and number designates a strandard definition DVR. H and a number designates a High Defination Receiver. HR20 designates a Hign Definition DVR.:)

· AllStar
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
boba said:
Two facts I suspect your FREE upgrades are leased receivers so you don't own them. And there is no R20 yet there is a HR20 and there is a R15. R and number designates a strandard definition DVR. H and a number designates a High Defination Receiver. HR20 designates a Hign Definition DVR.:)
Opps I did mean the Hr20 and with NO Money up front , I am getting another H20. I do realize it's leased but who cares. I all ready have two leased recievers and three that are not leased. Direct TV is willing to ship for free a H20(which I ordered) and/or R15(which I don't need) I do recall at one point Direct TV was charging for the H20 and the R15.:rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.