DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cool Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I signed up for DirecTV on July 25th. I was told as part of the deal I would receive a free portable 7" DVD Player. I received the notification in the mail. I filled it out, attached a copy of my first DirecTV bill and sent it in the mail in the middle of August.

On October 7th I received an email that my order was received and that within 6-8 weeks I would receive an email telling me that DVD Player is shipping.

So, here I am almost in December and I have not heard anything since. Has anyone else received the free DVD player and if so, how long did it take for you to finally receive it? Is there anyone or place I can contact about this?

Thanks!

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
I signed up back in the summer and was looking forward to the portable player.

Many weeks later, they sent me a home DVD player instead, saying they were out of the portables.

The player works OK but it is some weird brand with a strange menu system, and I really didn't need it.

·
Icon
642 Posts
Does the word FREE mean anything to anybody? It is what it is.

·
Banned
4,231 Posts
I'm mad because a friend of mine ordered his equipmnet off line, I refered him, I printed off the referal form with the number on it to call when he activated his account, they told him he can't use that referal form for me since he ordered his equipment online.... What a F#$%#@! farse that is.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,459 Posts
dodge boy said:
I'm mad because a friend of mine ordered his equipmnet off line, I refered him, I printed off the referal form with the number on it to call when he activated his account, they told him he can't use that referal form for me since he ordered his equipment online.... What a F#$%#@! farse that is.
You should be more upset at your friend for not following the simple instructions for getting you your $100 credit. Don't blame D* because your friend screwed up!

·
Banned
4,231 Posts
I'm just saying the day he called to activate his equipment he gave them my account number and they said they couldn't take it???????? That's all.

·
Cool Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mluntz said:
Does the word FREE mean anything to anybody? It is what it is.
I am not sure I understand what you are referring to with this. Care to explain? If a free gift is offered to sign up and the company does not follow through, that is not right. It has nothing to do with the DVD player or anything. Based on principle alone, DTV should be following through on their commitments with these gifts in a timely manner regardless of whether they are free.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
I think he was referring to my comments about the home DVD player I got.

I guess he took my comment to mean that I did not appreciate my gift, which is not really the case, I was just describing it in my opinion.

As far as the word "free" is concerned, since I subscribe to Sunday Ticket, SuperFan, Total Choice Premier, HD Package, have four DVRs, one additional HD receiver, the protection plan, and get the monthly "OnDirecTV" magazine, I've paid for my free gift and many others.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,167 Posts
I got my free DVD player about a year ago. The brand was called Sansui and it didn't even work right out of the box. I threw it away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.