DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!! Any ideads??? I have an HR20 hooked up via component to my tv. Upon boot up of the box everything works great. after 15-20 minutes the HD local channel freeze. The screen will be locked for 30 seconds to 1 minute then the screen will go black. once the screen is totally black - the unit will respond and allow me to change the channel. If you change to another HD local channel it freezes again for 30-60 seconds. If you reset the box it will work for 15-20 minutes then start the freeze up routine. I have receive zero assistance from D* on the issue and I have been left to remove all HD locals from the guide.

I am on the latest version.
5lnb dish. - model?
HR20-700

any help or need more info?

·
Banned
1,614 Posts
Mine did that once. I got a black screen when I tried watching a pre-recorded program and a black screen when I stopped the recording from playing. I changed the channel and everything was fine again.

I figured it was just some software glitch or software bug.

D* customer service can't even begin to be up on every single software isssue with this box has right now. You're better off coming here looking for answers.

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For me it is a constant issue... Not a one time thing. I only have Twin Cities HD Local channels for 15-20 minutes and then those chanels freeze the box for 30-60 seconds and the screen goes black. After the 30-60 second the screen stays black but the box will resond to commands. THis repeats for all hd locals until you reset the box and then it will work again for 15-20 minutes. repeat. HD locals are useless...

Another point I would like to make is that my H20 unit receives the HD locals just fine. All other channels are fine on both. it is just this HR20 DVR box that does this with only the HD locals?

is it a defective install by the instller?

defective software?

or defective box?

Any recomendations?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.